posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Catamaran can go over 50 knots

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sea-fighter.htm
posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message ...

Pfffft...47.2 kts without an engine!
http://www.hydroptere.com/index.php4?lang=EN

I've seen the Hobie Trifoiler in action... amazingly fast, sounded like a
jet engine roaring across the bay.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:44:16 -0400, "Gregory Hall"
scribbled thusly:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sea-fighter.htm

Pfffft...47.2 kts without an engine!
http://www.hydroptere.com/index.php4?lang=EN

Impressive but I can't understand a word they say.

But here's a production boat that's going at least twice as fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv--4BI64uU

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OzOne wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:04:12 -0400, "Gregory Hall"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:44:16 -0400, "Gregory Hall"
scribbled thusly:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sea-fighter.htm

Pfffft...47.2 kts without an engine!
http://www.hydroptere.com/index.php4?lang=EN

Impressive but I can't understand a word they say.

Calling trim, waves and speed........

But here's a production boat that's going at least twice as fast.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv--4BI64uU

And the wheels are still on...,

OK, just a joke but check out this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZwM2LDCb4
The guy can tack the thing and stay on the foils. Impressive. What a
kewl little boat.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gregory Hall wrote:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/sea-fighter.htm

Those masts look pretty small, I'll bet SA/D ratio really sucks.

Cheers
Marty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 10, 4:44 pm, "Gregory Hall" wrote:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/sea-fighter.htm

Nice wheelhouse!
http://www.onr.navy.mil/media/releas.../images/27.jpg

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Oct 10, 7:53 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
OzOne wrote in messagenews:nolqg39935dssmhi626lk1jt9ue38h0sjj@4ax .com...

Pfffft...47.2 kts without an engine!
http://www.hydroptere.com/index.php4?lang=EN

I've seen the Hobie Trifoiler in action... amazingly fast, sounded like a
jet engine roaring across the bay.

--
"j" ganz

A couple I knew tried one and planned to buy it
after a test sail. On the way back the mast blew
apart and after 45 minutes in the water, they
decided not to buy it.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Oct 10, 8:00 pm, OzOne wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:55:00 -0400, "Gregory Hall"
scribbled thusly:

OK, just a joke but check out this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZwM2LDCb4
The guy can tack the thing and stay on the foils. Impressive. What a
kewl little boat.

Yep, a Moth.
Rohan has won 3 or 4 world champs IIRC.
I tried sailing one but I'm just not agile enough anymore

old fartz need not try.

;0) wish we had one here to try..

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

OK, just a joke but check out this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZwM2LDCb4
The guy can tack the thing and stay on the foils. Impressive. What a
kewl little boat.

Gybing while staying on the foils is even more impressive.
These things are more like an iceboat than anything else on the water.

OzOne wrote:
Yep, a Moth.
Rohan has won 3 or 4 world champs IIRC.
I tried sailing one but I'm just not agile enough anymore

Take up Tai Chi.... supposed to help your reflexes (dunno 'bout that)
and it definitely helps flexibility & balance.

Joe wrote:
old fartz need not try.

;0) wish we had one here to try..

Did you ever get a test sail of the Swift Solo? I'd like to try one of
those; have singlehanded the 29er a couple of times. A foil Moth would
be much faster. I suspect that it's partially a case of needed agility
and speedy reflexes, and also that you need to respond differently to
the boat, to develop a set of different reflexes. I rememebr learning
to wild-thing a catamaran and it was quite a struggle to overcome
decades of monohull sailors instincts.

BTW the Baderider Moth is about $15k delivered. Not a bad deal....

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

3 *Knots* JimH General 1 February 25th 07 06:56 PM
knots RogueIT ASA 20 September 7th 06 04:26 AM
Knots? Bryan General 3 July 27th 06 12:35 PM
Knots on the Web Mic Cruising 4 May 18th 05 03:08 AM
Knots T-Boy ASA 0 April 17th 05 11:16 PM