BoatBanter.com

-   -   Anyone own an inflatable Kayak ?? Need opinions. (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/84429-anyone-own-inflatable-kayak-need-opinions.html)

Dave in Lake Villa July 27th 07 12:09 PM

Anyone own an inflatable Kayak ?? Need opinions.

Im looking at Coleman and Sea Eagle 330 . Any opinions ? Tips ??
Thanks.

Bart July 28th 07 12:56 AM

Anyone own an inflatable Kayak ?? Need opinions.

On Jul 27, 7:09 am, (Dave in Lake Villa)
wrote:
Im looking at Coleman and Sea Eagle 330 . Any opinions ? Tips ??
Thanks.

I don';t own one, but I think they are great for people who
want to get ashore and don't want to worry about their
dinghy getting stolen.

Captain Cool July 29th 07 06:27 AM

"Dave in Lake Villa" wrote in message
Im looking at Coleman and Sea Eagle 330 . Any opinions ? Tips ??
Thanks.

Didn't Blobspit keep one in his living room? They seem to work well on the
carpet

Scotty July 29th 07 04:41 PM

Anyone own an inflatable Kayak ?? Need opinions.

"Captain Cool" wrote in message
"Dave in Lake Villa" wrote in

message
Im looking at Coleman and Sea Eagle 330 . Any opinions

? Tips ??
Thanks.

Didn't Blobspit keep one in his living room? They seem to

work well on the
carpet

that was his wife.

Bart July 30th 07 05:20 AM

On Jul 29, 11:41 am, "Scotty" wrote:
"Captain Cool" wrote in message

"Dave in Lake Villa" wrote in

message
Im looking at Coleman and Sea Eagle 330 . Any opinions

? Tips ??
Thanks.

Didn't Blobspit keep one in his living room? They seem to

work well on the
carpet

that was his wife.

Don't make fun of his wife. She is a working
girl and supports two babies.

SV Rocinante August 3rd 07 10:30 PM

wrote:
Im looking at Coleman and Sea Eagle 330 . Any opinions ? Tips ??
Thanks.

Well Dave, like so many things, it depends on what you are looking for
and what you are looking to pay for it.
Don't have experience with the coleman at all, owned a sea eagle
inflatable boat with motor mount at one time; served me well, until I
could afford better...

I have seen the Sea Eagle 330 looks good, but it seems to me that it
flexes quite a bit; as a matter of fact, take a look at the video they
have on line and you'll see what I mean, but it still might be a good
bet for an inexpensive Kayak to paddle around on the lake, etc.

I Currently own an Advanced Elements Inflatable AF UltraLite
Expedition Kayak a bit more expensive, but in my opinion worth it...
OK, in the opinion of others as well ;-)

http://www.epinions.com/Advanced_Ele...splay_~reviews

BTW, was putting down the Sea Eagle 330, just suggesting you make sure
what your needs are and then purchase accordingly... for $300 bucks
and given their 30-day risk free trial I would probably give it a go!

Good luck,
Carlos

Frogwatch August 3rd 07 11:19 PM

http://www.epinions.com/Advanced_Ele...latable_Kayak/...

BTW, was putting down the Sea Eagle 330, just suggesting you make sure
what your needs are and then purchase accordingly... for $300 bucks
and given their 30-day risk free trial I would probably give it a go!

Good luck,
Carlos

Dont buy one. I have a "Sea Eagle" and it is very difficult to paddle
because it flexes so much.