posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default What it's all about

I wish I could have been there... sigh, still hobbling around. This is
pretty much what sailing is all about. These are at-risk kids, who in many
cases, have never set foot on a boat before this week.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/33743038@N00/9nRqVD

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 12, 8:56 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
I wish I could have been there... sigh, still hobbling around. This is
pretty much what sailing is all about. These are at-risk kids, who in
many
cases, have never set foot on a boat before this week.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/33743038@N00/9nRqVD

--
"j" ganz

At Risk?

Joe

Yup... mostly minorities from broken homes, living in ghetto conditions.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Jul 12, 8:56 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
I wish I could have been there... sigh, still hobbling around. This is
pretty much what sailing is all about. These are at-risk kids, who in many
cases, have never set foot on a boat before this week.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/33743038@N00/9nRqVD

--
"j" ganz

Very cool Jon. I love seeing the young ones given that opportunity.
I don't know if the kids here at the Tahiti Yacht Club are at risk but
they are totally involved.

When we brought Arabella back from the yard we were guided in by the
mother ship full of new sailors. The kids, about a dozen of them on
board, never said a word and watched patiently as the sailing
instructor helped us put Arabella in her berth stern to easily.

Here's a pic of the kids hanging on to the "mother ship" being taken
out to sail their little boats.

http://www.sailinglinks.com/images/o...0to%20race.jpg

Sail on,
Barb

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"ladysailor" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 12, 8:56 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
[...]

Cool... it always brings a smile to every adult who sees this happening.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote:

I wish I could have been there... sigh, still hobbling around. This is
pretty much what sailing is all about. These are at-risk kids, who in many
cases, have never set foot on a boat before this week.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/33743038@N00/9nRqVD

I like the kids in 105, (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3374303...7600772801329/
).

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
"Capt. JG" wrote:

I wish I could have been there... sigh, still hobbling around. This is
pretty much what sailing is all about. These are at-risk kids, who in
many
cases, have never set foot on a boat before this week.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/33743038@N00/9nRqVD

I like the kids in 105, (
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3374303...7600772801329/
).