BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bill the new guy (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/80549-bill-new-guy.html)

Joe May 11th 07 07:13 PM

Bill the new guy

Said a mule soulds like one of them critters people ride up and down
the trails in the Grand Canyon.. Not very nautical.

For 3 asa points... name one of the many boat parts named after
animals.

One only please, lets give Bill a chance

Joe

Bill May 11th 07 07:29 PM

Bill the new guy

On May 11, 11:13 am, Joe wrote:
Said a mule soulds like one of them critters people ride up and down
the trails in the Grand Canyon.. Not very nautical.

For 3 asa points... name one of the many boat parts named after
animals.

One only please, lets give Bill a chance

Joe

Well the only one off the top of my head I can come up with is a
fishemans staysail. Fishermen are animals.

Bill

Bill May 11th 07 07:48 PM

Bill the new guy

On May 11, 11:13 am, Joe wrote:
Said a mule soulds like one of them critters people ride up and down
the trails in the Grand Canyon.. Not very nautical.

For 3 asa points... name one of the many boat parts named after
animals.

One only please, lets give Bill a chance

Joe

Oh and a lot of valves have the name 'cock' attached to them. Sill
cock, ball cock that sort of thing but I always associated that with a
plumbing terminology than anything else.

Jeff May 11th 07 08:04 PM

Bill the new guy

* Joe wrote, On 5/11/2007 2:13 PM:
Said a mule soulds like one of them critters people ride up and down
the trails in the Grand Canyon.. Not very nautical.

For 3 asa points... name one of the many boat parts named after
animals.

One only please, lets give Bill a chance

Joe

bill had his go ... here's a few

roach, turtle, many types of dogs and cats

a boat can be hogged, you can catch a crab, serve on a pig boat, owe a
dead horse, pass by a mole, tie onto a camel, mouse a hook, fish a line

Bill May 11th 07 08:23 PM

Bill the new guy

bill had his go ... here's a few

roach, turtle, many types of dogs and cats

a boat can be hogged, you can catch a crab, serve on a pig boat, owe a
dead horse, pass by a mole, tie onto a camel, mouse a hook, fish a line

Crab claw sail. Oar (as in the fish) Sole (also a fish).

Most of the ones you said I never heard of but I can't believe I
didn't think of crows nest.

Bill

Jeff May 11th 07 10:42 PM

Bill the new guy

* Scotty wrote, On 5/11/2007 3:49 PM:
On BB's boat there's a Jackass attached to the tiller.

Indeed!

And I think there's an odd rig called a "Jackass Brigantine" or
something like that.

Bill May 11th 07 10:46 PM

Bill the new guy

So it's not an animal but a fiddlehead is a common name for some
plants and plant parts.

Bill