BoatBanter.com

-   -   Brass vs Bronze (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/79064-re-brass-vs-bronze.html)

Joe March 14th 07 04:02 PM

Brass vs Bronze

On Mar 14, 10:49 am, Milton Waddams
wrote:
Which is better for general maritime hardware such as hinges, clasps,
cleats, etc: Brass or Bronze?What is naval bronze? Thanks, as always,

Milton

Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular brass.

Joe

[email protected] March 16th 07 01:26 PM

Brass vs Bronze

"Joe" wrote:
Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular brass.

Naval Brass is/are high ranking Navy officers, admirals and up
usually. The presence of Naval Brass on a seagoing vessel makes it top
heavy & unstable, vastly reduces efficiency.

DSK

Maxprop March 17th 07 11:56 AM

Brass vs Bronze

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Joe" wrote:
Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular brass.

Naval Brass is/are high ranking Navy officers, admirals and up
usually.

And up? What's above an admiral?

Max

Scotty March 17th 07 03:32 PM

Brass vs Bronze

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message

oups.com..
..
"Joe" wrote:
Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular

brass.

Naval Brass is/are high ranking Navy officers, admirals

and up
usually.

And up? What's above an admiral?

The admiral's wife?

Capt. JG March 17th 07 04:57 PM

Brass vs Bronze

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Joe" wrote:
Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular brass.

Naval Brass is/are high ranking Navy officers, admirals and up
usually.

And up? What's above an admiral?

Max

His mistress?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Maxprop March 18th 07 03:38 AM

Brass vs Bronze

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Joe" wrote:
Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular brass.

Naval Brass is/are high ranking Navy officers, admirals and up
usually.

And up? What's above an admiral?

Max

His mistress?

Generally under, I think.

Max

Joe March 18th 07 03:58 AM

Brass vs Bronze

On Mar 17, 6:56 am, "Maxprop" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

"Joe" wrote:
Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular brass.

Naval Brass is/are high ranking Navy officers, admirals and up
usually.

And up? What's above an admiral?

Max

In the Navy a Fleet Admiral is above an Admiral, there are 3 ranks of
Admiral (rear lower half, rear upper half, and vice) below Admiral.
Above fleet Admiral is only the president. We have not had a fleet
Admiral since WWII. Fleet Admirals during that war were Chester W.
Nimitz, William D. Leahy, Ernest J. King, and William F. Halsey.

Joe

Maxprop March 18th 07 11:28 AM

Brass vs Bronze

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 17, 6:56 am, "Maxprop" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

"Joe" wrote:
Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular brass.

Naval Brass is/are high ranking Navy officers, admirals and up
usually.

And up? What's above an admiral?

Max

In the Navy a Fleet Admiral is above an Admiral, there are 3 ranks of
Admiral (rear lower half, rear upper half, and vice) below Admiral.
Above fleet Admiral is only the president. We have not had a fleet
Admiral since WWII. Fleet Admirals during that war were Chester W.
Nimitz, William D. Leahy, Ernest J. King, and William F. Halsey.

I know all that. It's the Navy equivalent of the Army's General ranks:
Brigadier, Major, Lt., and General, and the top rank, like Fleet Admiral, is
General of the Armies, a wartime commission.

Max