BoatBanter.com

-   -   USCG Boat Search Protocol (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/78735-re-uscg-boat-search-protocol.html)

Mundo March 2nd 07 06:06 PM

USCG Boat Search Protocol

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:55:09 -0500, Milton Waddams wrote
(in article ):

A lawyer friend told me that the Coast Guard or any police agency must
obtain a search warrant to search any" enclosed living spaces" aboard
a vessel. Is this true? Thanks,

Milton

It is my belief that the Coast guard or any federal agency have complete
access to a documented vessel. On the other hand it is also my belief that
local agencies such as police do not have that right on a documented vessel
without a warrant.

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass