BoatBanter.com

BoatBanter.com (https://www.boatbanter.com/)
-   ASA (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/)
-   -   Anyone know the name of this schooner? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/78486-anyone-know-name-schooner.html)

Martin Baxter February 21st 07 02:15 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 

http://www.news.navy.mil/management/...-7130B-270.jpg

The big one is the Ronald Reagan, the place is San Diego Bay.

Cheers
Marty
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----

Joe February 21st 07 02:50 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
On Feb 21, 8:15 am, Martin Baxter wrote:
http://www.news.navy.mil/management/...27-N-7130B-270...

The big one is the Ronald Reagan, the place is San Diego Bay.

Cheers
Marty
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- Seehttp://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----


Are you sure thats San Deigo? She has no birds aboard. I thought she
took the birds aboard before rounding the horn on the way to San
Deigo.

Joe


Ty Lenol February 21st 07 02:59 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
That is the "Star of India", the world's oldest still sailing iron vessel.

http://www.sdmaritime.com/contentpage.asp?ContentID=48




Joe February 21st 07 03:19 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
On Feb 21, 8:59 am, "Ty Lenol" wrote:
That is the "Star of India", the world's oldest still sailing iron vessel.

http://www.sdmaritime.com/contentpage.asp?ContentID=48


Wrong..watta putz UR

Joe


Martin Baxter February 21st 07 03:37 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
Joe wrote:

On Feb 21, 8:15 am, Martin Baxter wrote:
http://www.news.navy.mil/management/...27-N-7130B-270...

The big one is the Ronald Reagan, the place is San Diego Bay.

Cheers
Marty
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- Seehttp://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----


Are you sure thats San Deigo? She has no birds aboard. I thought she
took the birds aboard before rounding the horn on the way to San
Deigo.


That's what it say he
http://www.news.navy.mil/local/view_...sp?id=6&page=5 ,near the
bottom of the page. Is there sufficient space on the hanger deck to
stow the full compliment of aircraft?

Cheers
Marty

Ty Lenol February 21st 07 03:45 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
What is the name of this ship?

http://www.disneylandpostcards.com/flpirate0a.jpg

Joe sailed it after climbing the Matterhorn.



Martin Baxter February 21st 07 03:46 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
Ty Lenol wrote:

That is the "Star of India", the world's oldest still sailing iron vessel.

http://www.sdmaritime.com/contentpage.asp?ContentID=48


I don't think so, The Star appears to be three masted, however further
perusal of the site turns up "The Californian", a replica of a 19th
century cutter, she's a better candidate.

Cheers
Marty
------------ And now a word from our sponsor ------------------
Do your users want the best web-email gateway? Don't let your
customers drift off to free webmail services install your own
web gateway!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_webmail.htm ----

Ty Lenol February 21st 07 04:02 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
Marty,

Charlie Morgan as usual has it correct, it is the America. You can tell by
the relative height of the masts.



[email protected] February 21st 07 04:17 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
On Feb 21, 11:02 am, "Ty Lenol" wrote:
Marty,

Charlie Morgan as usual has it correct, it is the America.


Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and a blind hog finds an
acorn once in a while.

You can tell by
the relative height of the masts.


Tell what? That it's a schooner? Yep

A better giveaway is the rake of the masts and the arrangement of the
headsails, which is somewhat different from the original 'America' but
also noticeably different from most other schooners.

http://www.sandiego.org/article/Visitors/670

The Californian, at least in pictures I have seen, always has at least
one yard crossed on her foremast.

-signed- Injun Ear (formerly known as Eagle Eye)


Martin Baxter February 21st 07 04:22 PM

Anyone know the name of this schooner?
 
Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:15:56 -0500, Martin Baxter
wrote:


http://www.news.navy.mil/management/...-7130B-270.jpg

The big one is the Ronald Reagan, the place is San Diego Bay.


http://www.sandiegotours.us/tours/to...m?tour_id=7710

CWM


Thanx Charlie

Cheers
Marty


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2014 BoatBanter.com