BoatBanter.com

-   -   messing with boats - 2 ASA points (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/77908-messing-boats-2-asa-points.html)

Capt. JG January 29th 07 12:15 AM

messing with boats - 2 ASA points

Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt.American January 29th 07 12:45 AM

On Jan 28, 6:15 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

Do you mean scabbing?

Joe
--
"j" ganz

Jeff January 29th 07 12:49 AM

Capt. JG wrote:
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

Scapping is fishing for soft shell crabs with a simple long pole net.

Sistering is reinforcing a weak part by attaching a stronger one
alongside. On a boat its sometimes used to describe a new frame
placed alongside a cracked frame.

Capt. JG January 29th 07 02:41 AM

messing with boats - 2 ASA points

"Capt.American" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 28, 6:15 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

Do you mean scabbing?

Joe
--
"j" ganz

Yes. dyslexic fingers

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG January 29th 07 02:42 AM

On Jan 28, 6:15 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

Do you mean scabbing?

Joe
--
"j" ganz

1 point for getting the term right.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG January 29th 07 02:42 AM

messing with boats - 2 ASA points

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Capt. JG wrote:
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

Scapping is fishing for soft shell crabs with a simple long pole net.

Sistering is reinforcing a weak part by attaching a stronger one
alongside. On a boat its sometimes used to describe a new frame placed
alongside a cracked frame.

1 pt. See Joe's post. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jeff January 29th 07 03:08 AM

messing with boats - 2 ASA points

Capt. JG wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Capt. JG wrote:
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

Scapping is fishing for soft shell crabs with a simple long pole net.

Sistering is reinforcing a weak part by attaching a stronger one
alongside. On a boat its sometimes used to describe a new frame placed
alongside a cracked frame.

1 pt. See Joe's post. :-)

Actually "scabbing" is sometimes used for scapping, so my answer holds.

However, since you mention scabs with sistering, I'm guessing you mean
the little sister plates you might use to form a "t" or to join
timbers. You see them on house trusses. On a boat they might be used
to join a two part frame.

So how many points do you lose for getting the term wrong?

Scotty January 29th 07 03:53 AM

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1

point each

'sistering', going below with two sisters at the same time.

Scotty

Capt. JG January 29th 07 06:44 AM

messing with boats - 2 ASA points

"Jeff" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Capt. JG wrote:
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1 point each

Scapping is fishing for soft shell crabs with a simple long pole net.

Sistering is reinforcing a weak part by attaching a stronger one
alongside. On a boat its sometimes used to describe a new frame placed
alongside a cracked frame.

1 pt. See Joe's post. :-)

Actually "scabbing" is sometimes used for scapping, so my answer holds.

However, since you mention scabs with sistering, I'm guessing you mean the
little sister plates you might use to form a "t" or to join timbers. You
see them on house trusses. On a boat they might be used to join a two
part frame.

So how many points do you lose for getting the term wrong?

I was thinking of when you join two pieces of wood on the same plane...
flush, not a T.

So, I'll take -0.5 points from myself, and remove your 1pt. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG January 29th 07 06:45 AM

messing with boats - 2 ASA points

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Define scapping and sistering with respect to boats. 1

point each

'sistering', going below with two sisters at the same time.

Scotty

Do they have to be sisters?

--
"j" ganz @@