BoatBanter.com

-   -   Catamaran Schooner? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/75270-catamaran-schooner.html)

Scotty October 24th 06 02:58 AM

Catamaran Schooner?

Ever seen one? Click this pic to full size and you'll see
one.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541gYua
UA

Scotty

katy October 24th 06 04:06 AM

Catamaran Schooner?

Scotty wrote:
Ever seen one? Click this pic to full size and you'll see
one.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541gYua
UA

Scotty

Your site said "I'm sorry//" but I saw that schooner in the list of
those racing in the Chesapeake Schooner Race along with the schooner tug
from Norfolk...saw that one at the Tall Ship festival...the cat schooner
must really fly..I think Spin Sheet said it had a rating of something
like 78...can't remember exactly....

Scotty October 24th 06 06:16 AM

Catamaran Schooner?

"katy" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
Ever seen one? Click this pic to full size and you'll

see
one.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541gYua
UA

Scotty

Your site said "I'm sorry//"

That's because you cut off the last ''UA''. Here, try this;

http://tinyurl.com/yxfq5h

DSK October 24th 06 12:30 PM

Catamaran Schooner?

Scotty wrote:
Ever seen one? Click this pic to full size and you'll see
one.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541gYua
UA

Very cool photo. If those modern fiberglass things weren't
in the way, this could be a pic of 200 years ago.

The catamaran appears to be like a Wharram design, they
often have sprit and/or gaff rigs. Did you get a closer shot
of it?

You got some GREAT shots, I love the one of Pride reaching
by with square sails braced up and a man aloft on the
crossjack. But who let the barkentine join in a schooner race?!?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Jeff October 24th 06 01:49 PM

Catamaran Schooner?

DSK wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Ever seen one? Click this pic to full size and you'll see
one.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541gYua
UA

Very cool photo. If those modern fiberglass things weren't in the way,
this could be a pic of 200 years ago.

The catamaran appears to be like a Wharram design, they often have sprit
and/or gaff rigs. Did you get a closer shot of it?

Yes, that definitely looks like a Wharram
http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulleti...ad.php?t=55904

http://www.far-away.net/charter_yach.../wharram52.htm

Scotty October 24th 06 01:57 PM

Catamaran Schooner?

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Scotty wrote:
Ever seen one? Click this pic to full size and you'll

see
one.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541gYua
UA

Very cool photo. If those modern fiberglass things weren't
in the way, this could be a pic of 200 years ago.

Yes, sometimes I had to wait a while till those damn clorox
bottles got out of the way.

The catamaran appears to be like a Wharram design, they
often have sprit and/or gaff rigs. Did you get a closer

shot
of it?

No, I didn't even notice it till late in the day, as it
sailed away. It just happened to be in that shot.

You got some GREAT shots, I love the one of Pride reaching
by with square sails braced up and a man aloft on the
crossjack.

Yeah, she's a beaty, eh. BTW, there's 2 guys up there.

But who let the barkentine join in a schooner race?!?

I don't know, but I'm glad they did. She needs a little
paint though. When the wind died, she just sat there, didn't
move an inch. As did Norfolk Rebel, the Tugantine. Most of
the others drifted. Even when the wind picked up, from the
South, she couldn't get going. Finally she moved, but across
the bay, not making much VMG at all. Also, Norfolk Rebel
started her engines and finally left.

Scotty

Joe October 24th 06 02:55 PM

Catamaran Schooner?

Scotty wrote:
"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Scotty wrote:
[...]

Sure is an bunch of nice looking steel sailboats in the pictures
Scotty.
You must of been motoring at full speed to get so many good pictures.

Joe

Scotty October 24th 06 03:26 PM

Catamaran Schooner?

"Joe" wrote in message
ps.com...

Scotty wrote:
"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Scotty wrote:
[...]

motoring? what's that?

Joe October 24th 06 03:50 PM

Catamaran Schooner?

Scotty wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
ps.com...

Scotty wrote:
"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Scotty wrote:
[...]

U know.

Joe

Scotty October 24th 06 05:18 PM

Catamaran Schooner?

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com..
..

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541gYua

Sure is an bunch of nice looking steel sailboats in

the
pictures
Scotty.
You must of been motoring at full speed to get so many

good pictures.

motoring? what's that?

U know.

Oh, Bobspit sailing.