BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ahoy Scout (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/74418-ahoy-scout.html)

Scotty September 27th 06 01:39 PM

Ahoy Scout

Did you get your boat wet yet?

I was able to push off some work till next week, so I'm off
for a couple days again.

Scotty

Scout September 27th 06 02:21 PM

Ahoy Scout

Now you're just rubbing my nose in it!
I dropped and chopped an 80 ft oak this morning. I'm taking a 10 minute
break and going out to drop another, bigger one (4th one in 3 days). The
paving contractor will be here at 4. Once I have a level spot to work with,
I'm making my first attempt at learning the mast raising system. If I never
check in again, it probably didn't go well.
Scout

katy September 27th 06 02:59 PM

Ahoy Scout

"Scotty" wrote in message
Did you get your boat wet yet?

I was able to push off some work till next week, so I'm off
for a couple days again.

Scotty

Why'd you bother to buy that fake garage when you could have used all
that oak for a solid structure?

Scout September 28th 06 01:26 AM

Ahoy Scout

"Scotty" wrote in message
Did you get your boat wet yet?

I was able to push off some work till next week, so I'm off
for a couple days again.

Scotty

Why'd you bother to buy that fake garage when you could have used all that
oak for a solid structure?

I dropped my lumber mill overboard. Clumsy me!
Scout

katy September 28th 06 02:48 AM

Ahoy Scout

Scout wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message
Did you get your boat wet yet?

I was able to push off some work till next week, so I'm off
for a couple days again.

Scotty

Why'd you bother to buy that fake garage when you could have used all that
oak for a solid structure?

I dropped my lumber mill overboard. Clumsy me!
Scout

What! Don't you have an adze and planer? Gopd winter project there...

Scout September 28th 06 09:10 AM

Ahoy Scout

"katy" wrote in message
Scout wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message
Did you get your boat wet yet?

I was able to push off some work till next week, so I'm off
for a couple days again.

Scotty

Why'd you bother to buy that fake garage when you could have used all
that oak for a solid structure?

I dropped my lumber mill overboard. Clumsy me!
Scout

What! Don't you have an adze and planer? Gopd winter project there...

I'm pretty good with a maul. Does that make me a swinger?
Scout

Scout September 28th 06 09:15 AM

Ahoy Scout

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:21:47 -0400, "Scout"
wrote:

Now you're just rubbing my nose in it!
I dropped and chopped an 80 ft oak this morning. I'm taking a 10 minute
break and going out to drop another, bigger one (4th one in 3 days). The
paving contractor will be here at 4. Once I have a level spot to work
with,
I'm making my first attempt at learning the mast raising system. If I
never
check in again, it probably didn't go well.
Scout

Be mindful of overhead wires!

Thanks Charlie - good shape there - the closest overhead is other side of
the house, 200 feet away.
Scout

Scout September 28th 06 09:19 AM

Ahoy Scout

"katy" wrote in message
Scout wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message
Did you get your boat wet yet?

I was able to push off some work till next week, so I'm off
for a couple days again.

Scotty

Why'd you bother to buy that fake garage when you could have used all
that oak for a solid structure?

I dropped my lumber mill overboard. Clumsy me!
Scout

What! Don't you have an adze and planer? Gopd winter project there...

This is some seriously beautiful oak. My backyard now smells like a fine
furniture store.
I should've looked harder at bringing in a lumber company. I still have
quite a few nice hunks of wood that need to go, might be an idea.
Scout

katy September 28th 06 02:02 PM

Ahoy Scout

Scout wrote:
"katy" wrote in message
Scout wrote:

"Scotty" wrote in message
Did you get your boat wet yet?

I was able to push off some work till next week, so I'm off
for a couple days again.

Scotty

Why'd you bother to buy that fake garage when you could have used all
that oak for a solid structure?
I dropped my lumber mill overboard. Clumsy me!
Scout

What! Don't you have an adze and planer? Gopd winter project there...

I'm pretty good with a maul. Does that make me a swinger?
Scout

Makes you a grappler...

Scotty September 29th 06 03:02 PM

Ahoy Scout

wrote:

Now you're just rubbing my nose in it!
I dropped and chopped an 80 ft oak this morning. I'm

taking a 10 minute
break and going out to drop another, bigger one (4th one

in 3 days). The
paving contractor will be here at 4. Once I have a level

spot to work with,
I'm making my first attempt at learning the mast raising

system. If I never
check in again, it probably didn't go well.
Scout

Be mindful of overhead wires!

Oh brother, now you're calling Scout an idiot.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_