posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sailor Story

A young woman in Cheboygan was so depressed that she decided to end her
life by throwing herself into the Straits. She went to the Mackinaw Bridge
and was about to leap into the frigid water when a handsome young sailor saw
her tottering on the rail, crying.

He took pity on her and said, "Look, you have so much to live for. I'm off
to Europe in the morning, and if you like, I can stow you away on my ship.
I'll take good care of you and bring you food every day." Moving

closer, he
slipped his arm around her shoulder and added, "I'll keep you happy, and
you'll keep me happy."

The girl nodded yes. After all,what did she have to lose? Perhaps a fresh
start in Europe would give her life new meaning.

That night, the sailor brought her aboard and hid her in a lifeboat. From
then on, every night he brought her three sandwiches and a piece of fruit,
and they made passionate love until dawn.

Three weeks later, during a routine inspection, she was discovered by the
captain.

"What are you doing here?" the captain asked.

"I have an arrangement with one of the sailors," she explained. "I get

food
and a trip to Europe, and he's screwing me."

"He certainly is," the captain said. "This is the Mackinaw Island Ferry.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Is that how you met Mr Sails?