BoatBanter.com

-   -   Heart of Gold Sailing (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/72641-heart-gold-sailing.html)

Capt. Rob August 8th 06 02:15 PM

Heart of Gold Sailing

Here's a not-too-interesting clip of our 35s5 sailing. Thomas is
ever-moving on the boat, but there's always a hand for him. We're doing
about 6 knots here...Thomas decided he needed to play with his soap
bubbles of course!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWHEF8EeaDw

RB
35s5
NY

Joe August 8th 06 02:34 PM

Heart of Gold Sailing

Capt. Rob wrote:
Here's a not-too-interesting clip of our 35s5 sailing. Thomas is
ever-moving on the boat, but there's always a hand for him. We're doing
about 6 knots here...Thomas decided he needed to play with his soap
bubbles of course!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWHEF8EeaDw

RB
35s5
NY

Did Thom just dump a bottle of soap on deck...then try to walk on it,
next to the tumble down stern?

Joe

Capt. Rob August 8th 06 02:48 PM

Heart of Gold Sailing

Did Thom just dump a bottle of soap on deck...then try to walk on it,
next to the tumble down stern?

Nope. Bottle is sealed. To dangerous to let him play with it
underway...slippery decks!

RB
35s5
NY

Jonathan Ganz August 8th 06 08:38 PM

Heart of Gold Sailing

In article .com,
Joe wrote:

Capt. Rob wrote:
Here's a not-too-interesting clip of our 35s5 sailing. Thomas is
ever-moving on the boat, but there's always a hand for him. We're doing
about 6 knots here...Thomas decided he needed to play with his soap
bubbles of course!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWHEF8EeaDw

RB
35s5
NY

Did Thom just dump a bottle of soap on deck...then try to walk on it,
next to the tumble down stern?

Seems rather unsafe to have a child that small on the stern seat like
that. It wouldn't take much to have him go through the stern
lifelines.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

Joe August 8th 06 08:43 PM

Heart of Gold Sailing

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
In article .com,
Joe wrote:

Capt. Rob wrote:
Here's a not-too-interesting clip of our 35s5 sailing. Thomas is
ever-moving on the boat, but there's always a hand for him. We're doing
about 6 knots here...Thomas decided he needed to play with his soap
bubbles of course!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWHEF8EeaDw

RB
35s5
NY

Did Thom just dump a bottle of soap on deck...then try to walk on it,
next to the tumble down stern?

Seems rather unsafe to have a child that small on the stern seat like
that. It wouldn't take much to have him go through the stern
lifelines.

Thoses are lifelines? I thought it was the entrance to a theater line
and was looking for a doorman to un-hook the velvet ropes.

Joe
--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

Jeff August 8th 06 09:14 PM

Heart of Gold Sailing

Jonathan Ganz wrote:
In article .com,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWHEF8EeaDw

Seems rather unsafe to have a child that small on the stern seat like
that. It wouldn't take much to have him go through the stern
lifelines.

That is rather reprehensible. Both of my boats had full netting to
make sure that all small critters stayed on board. But Bob must think
that an open stern is safe enough for his kid.

Jonathan Ganz August 8th 06 11:15 PM

Heart of Gold Sailing

In article om,
Joe wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vWHEF8EeaDw

Seems rather unsafe to have a child that small on the stern seat like
that. It wouldn't take much to have him go through the stern
lifelines.

Thoses are lifelines? I thought it was the entrance to a theater line
and was looking for a doorman to un-hook the velvet ropes.

Yeah, they do look pretty strange.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. Rob August 8th 06 11:36 PM

Heart of Gold Sailing

Thoses are lifelines? I thought it was the entrance to a theater line
and was looking for a doorman to un-hook the velvet ropes.

Yeah, they do look pretty strange.

They do? They're just regular lifelines with West Marine padded covers.

RB
35s5
NY