posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Russian Booty

Seems the Kruzenstern just finished a 14 mo around the world trip. Good
looking steel hull. Taken from the Germans at the end of WWII. Makes
gaz's boat look like a day sailor, but not as salty or graceful or as
fast as the Eagle.

http://www.termaloma.com/gal3/images/kruzenstern.jpg

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Joe wrote:

Seems the Kruzenstern just finished a 14 mo around the world trip. Good
looking steel hull. Taken from the Germans at the end of WWII. Makes
gaz's boat look like a day sailor, but not as salty or graceful or as
fast as the Eagle.

http://www.termaloma.com/gal3/images/kruzenstern.jpg

Not as fast? I think the Kruzenstern has won the races
they've had against each other. Not that it matters so much
these days.

She is a beautiful vessel.

I can't help but point out the fiberglass lifeboat, though.
I guess they figured steel wasn't durable or reliable enough

DSK