BoatBanter.com

-   -   perfect cruisin boat (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/64984-perfect-cruisin-boat.html)

Joe January 7th 06 02:42 AM

perfect cruisin boat

Sounds like your in and out of the areas near Ponce De Leon with the
bubbling springs.

Some day Id like to cross Fla on the Okeechobee waterway, it crosses
fla right?

Joe

Capt.Mooron January 7th 06 02:44 AM

perfect cruisin boat

"Commodore Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
On 6 Jan 2006 17:16:03 -0800, wrote:

Ever heard of Stingrays? If you step on one you'll wish you hadn't.

Can't afford shoes, either?

Shoes!!??? Frickin' Shoes????
In the water for Stingrays!!????
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa.....
Man is Senility Creepin' Up on You in a Hurry!!!

CM

Capt.Mooron January 7th 06 02:55 AM

perfect cruisin boat

"John Cairns" wrote in message

Sounds like great sailing grounds, nice to read of someone actually
sailing as opposed to bubbles' endless screeds.

You actually read those???

It's not like Bobsprit doesn't clearly label every troll he starts!

Mind you I read them for the humour content..... but I don't whine about
it!

CM

[email protected] January 7th 06 03:03 AM

perfect cruisin boat

Okechobee waterway does cross FL. Places along the lake make great
places to put a boat during Hurricane season. There is a RR bridge
east of the lake with clearance that is prob no more than 50'

[email protected] January 7th 06 03:04 AM

perfect cruisin boat

Okechobee waterway does cross FL. Places along the lake make great
places to put a boat during Hurricane season. There is a RR bridge
east of the lake with clearance that is prob no more than 50'

Water shoes are a good idea, will provide a little protection from
sting rays and will protect tender feet from sea urchin spines

John Cairns January 7th 06 03:09 AM

perfect cruisin boat

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message

"John Cairns" wrote in message

Sounds like great sailing grounds, nice to read of someone actually
sailing as opposed to bubbles' endless screeds.

You actually read those???

It's not like Bobsprit doesn't clearly label every troll he starts!

Mind you I read them for the humour content..... but I don't whine about
it!

CM

If I read 10% of what bubbles posted I'd be here all day, like he is. In
case you hadn't noticed, I yank bubbles chain a fair amount, and he yips
pretty nicely.

John Cairns

Capt.Mooron January 7th 06 03:22 AM

perfect cruisin boat

"John Cairns" wrote in message
If I read 10% of what bubbles posted I'd be here all day, like he is. In
case you hadn't noticed, I yank bubbles chain a fair amount, and he yips
pretty nicely.

I guess I haven't noticed......

CM

Scotty January 7th 06 01:40 PM

perfect cruisin boat

Hey, I was going to write that.

SV

"John Cairns" wrote

Capt.Mooron January 7th 06 03:01 PM

perfect cruisin boat

wrote in message
Water shoes are a good idea, will provide a little protection from
sting rays and will protect tender feet from sea urchin spines

I imagine... seeing as a typical stingray hit is in the calf!

CM

Frank Boettcher January 7th 06 03:13 PM

perfect cruisin boat

On 6 Jan 2006 15:31:19 -0800, wrote:

Unlike keyboard cruisers like Boobsprit...........snipped it

Ah, you're making me homesick. I've primarily sailed somewhat west of
you, however I understand completely. I've covered area as far east
as the Cape Sanblas/ Apalachicola/East Point area and look forward to
exploring futher east when the smoke clears in my life.

For sailors in this area, draft is more important than speed. Decent
ventilation is more important than cabin appointments. Charts become
somewhat meaningless unless making an approach in a maintained
channel. I remember being able to nose my Columbia Challenger (about
3'10 encapsulated as I recall, been a long time on that one) up to the
beach in a cove on the quarantine station side of Ship Island one
season and the next season not being able to get within a quarter
mile. Sometimes in the fall, I've had entire islands to myself except
for Eagles, Osprey, Pelicans, Alligators, and other assorted
wildlife. And it is not if you run aground it is when you run
aground. Can't wait.

You know of course Boobsprit is not a real, carbon based, entity.

Frank