posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Navigation quiz #2

Morse Code A is normally a seabouy in the USA. Pass close to port
entering harbor.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

The Morse Code M is a mail bouy. Caution should be taken for other boats in
the area.

Amen!

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Morse Code A is normally a seabouy in the USA. Pass close to port
entering harbor.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

http://www.ussoriskanyonline.com/OWe...AIL%20buoy.jpg

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Matt Colie

This is a new one!!!
I remember very clearly.
When I first had a berth on a crossing, I was assured that the mailbouys
were all operated by the International Postal Service.
This was a serious issue because noone on board had any international
stamps. So, we did not stop and my shipmates mail had to wait until we
got to Rotterdam.

Then I got out here to the sweat water and was told we would be checking
(slowing) for the mail boat in the Detroit River -Yeh-Right-
OK - I would have lost that bet - My post office for the next 7 years.
(Westcott, only non-USN vessel with a Zip code - 48222)

Matt Colie
Lifelong Waterman, Licensed Mariner and Pathological Sailor

Bob Crantz wrote:
http://www.ussoriskanyonline.com/OWe...AIL%20buoy.jpg

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Yes most new Navy sailors in deck dept are promptly assigned to mail
bouy watch when leaving harbor for the first time.

Joe

Navigation quiz #2 Scotty ASA 0 December 13th 05 11:55 AM
Navigation quiz #1 Scotty ASA 0 December 13th 05 11:54 AM
Navigation quiz #2 otnmbrd ASA 0 December 13th 05 05:11 AM
Navigation quiz #2 Gary ASA 0 December 13th 05 03:32 AM
Navigation quiz #2 Jonathan Ganz ASA 1 December 13th 05 02:18 AM