BoatBanter.com

-   -   Bye Bye Tookie (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/64059-bye-bye-tookie.html)

Jonathan Ganz December 13th 05 01:29 AM

Bye Bye Tookie

In article , Bart Senior .@. wrote:
I have to agree with you there Jon. It would
make a fine impression on children, that they
would not likely forget. Probably the best age
for this is about 9 years of age.

At the same time show kids chronic smokers,
alcoholics, and drug users.

Haggie is right on target. We might as well get some
deterent use out of these executions.

Little kids don't need to see this sort of thing. That would be
cruel and inhumane.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bob Crantz December 13th 05 02:20 AM

Bye Bye Tookie

I say give him the comfy chair!

Amen!

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article , Bart Senior .@. wrote:
You can't avoid the cost--unless you expedite the
process. I'm in favor of that also..

I think death row inmates suffer more waiting and
knowing they are going to die. I think the last few
days must be rougher than a lifetime in jail.

Actually, Life without parol is less expensive. I'm also in favor of
shortening the appeals process.

How about we say we're going to execute them.. right up to the last
few mintes, then tell them we were just kidding and put them in a hole
for 40 years.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Thom Stewart December 13th 05 06:47 AM

Bye Bye Tookie

I agree Joe!

It's the bleeding hearts that have cost us all the money for his keep;
now it's finally over (I Hope)

Ole Thom

Scotty December 13th 05 11:42 AM

Bye Bye Tookie

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article , Bart Senior .@.

wrote:
I have to agree with you there Jon. It would
make a fine impression on children, that they
would not likely forget. Probably the best age
for this is about 9 years of age.

At the same time show kids chronic smokers,
alcoholics, and drug users.

Haggie is right on target. We might as well get some
deterent use out of these executions.

Little kids don't need to see this sort of thing. That would be
cruel and inhumane.

They see worse on TV, and in video games.

SV

rgnmstr December 13th 05 11:49 AM

Bye Bye Tookie

Tookie has reached room temperature.

Seahag December 13th 05 02:59 PM

Bye Bye Tookie

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote:
I have to agree with you there Jon. It would
make a fine impression on children, that they
would not likely forget. Probably the best age
for this is about 9 years of age.

At the same time show kids chronic smokers,
alcoholics, and drug users.

Haggie is right on target. We might as well get some
deterent use out of these executions.

Gotta do something, seems like we're raising a bunch of
effete little b-----ds these days.

Seahag

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote

Seahag wrote:
I'm thinking public hangings should be brought back.

And, allow children to attend. If you're going to
traumatize people, you
should start as soon as possible.

"j" ganz @@

Jonathan Ganz December 13th 05 10:12 PM

Bye Bye Tookie

wrote:
I have to agree with you there Jon. It would
make a fine impression on children, that they
would not likely forget. Probably the best age
for this is about 9 years of age.

At the same time show kids chronic smokers,
alcoholics, and drug users.

Haggie is right on target. We might as well get some
deterent use out of these executions.

Little kids don't need to see this sort of thing. That would be
cruel and inhumane.

They see worse on TV, and in video games.

Mostly, they see make-believe on TV and most kids understand the
difference.

When you were a kid, did you ever see someone killed in front of you?
--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz December 13th 05 10:13 PM

Bye Bye Tookie

In article ,
Seahag wrote:
Gotta do something, seems like we're raising a bunch of
effete little b-----ds these days.

Seahag

Perhaps, perhaps not. But, subjecting children to violence is not the
solution.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz December 13th 05 11:49 PM

Bye Bye Tookie

In article ,
Commodore Joe Redcloud wrote:
Actually, young kids don't. They see cartoon characters walk away from smoking
car wrecks and they think that's what a car wreck is really like. I remember
that as a kid, I, and everyone I knew assumed that if you were shot, you were
automatically dead. Surviving being shot would fall in the "very unlikely
miracle" department. That's the way it always was in the movies.

When you were a kid, did you ever see someone killed in front of you?

Unfortunately, I did.

They do if their parents are around to explain it.

Well, clearly you were traumatized and it shows.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Scotty December 14th 05 01:36 AM

Bye Bye Tookie

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote
They see worse on TV, and in video games.

Mostly, they see make-believe on TV and most kids understand

the
difference.

When you were a kid, did you ever see someone killed in front

of you?

No. Do you remember when the news showed the guy getting shot in
the head in, I believe VN?
I can still picture it.

Scotty