BoatBanter.com

-   -   "Let's Remember Pearl Harbor" (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/63864-lets-remember-pearl-harbor.html)

Thom Stewart December 8th 05 04:07 AM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

I hope some one besides me remembers that Day of Infamy. That sneak
attack killed more Americans in 1/2 a day than have been killed in Irag
total up to date
OT

DSK December 8th 05 04:19 AM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

Thom Stewart wrote:
I hope some one besides me remembers that Day of Infamy. That sneak
attack killed more Americans in 1/2 a day than have been killed in Irag
total up to date
OT

I rememebered it Thom, unfortunately could not participate
in the memorial since I was out of town. There is a military
ceremony at the university bell tower that I go to most years.

Regards
Doug King

Steve Leyland December 8th 05 05:06 AM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

Hi. This is the meow-send program at usenet. I'm afraid I wasn't able to
deliver any clue to the following address: "Thom
Stewart"

: I hope some one besides me remembers that Day of Infamy. That sneak
: attack killed more Americans in 1/2 a day than have been killed in
: Irag total up to date

thom, I wasn't around then but I have read the history.
my sympathies to those who lost their lives but hey at least it woke the
USA up to fighting the nazi alliance as we brits had been doing for
years alone.
war is never a good thing, nobody ever wins.

: OT

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.
"My suggestion is to completely ignore idiots like Leland. They are the
lowest form of pond scum. People like him have tried unsuccessfully in
the past to disrupt the newsgroup. The best medicine is to completely
ignore them. As I'm sure you'll see, they're most intelligent response
is to yell nasty names. Other than that, they have nothing."

JG, netKKKop, alt.sailing.asa
"Warning to all:
Steve Leyland is a trolling **** of the highest order. Killfile the
muppet now and move on. Even the briefest of searches on his past
UseNet posts will reveal the truth. You have been warned. *plonk*"

Bear, netKKKop, uk.rec.motorcycles
"I didn't delete any part of your meaningless, pointless, worthless
post in order to clearly demonstrate that you are the nemesis of
Usenet: the crossposting, non-editing, diagram-creating worthless,
dickless, brainless, gutless, mindless, ball-less, spineless, flaccid,
obese, fish-belly pale, ugly, VD-ridden, moronic, bald, hunch-backed,
flat-footed, odoriferous, obnoxious, fecal-smelling, buck-toothed,
physically handicapped, fungus-infected, HIV positive, mud-packing,
masturbating, whining, simpering, self-important, arrogant, egomaniacal
POS that takes up more bandwidth than a despicable binary-poster, and
for no apparent reason beyond seeing his own defecatory vomitus
slithering down the screen in vile green rivulets."

Admiral Halsey, alt.sailing.asa
"I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

|\ _.-'~~""'~`'~)
/, ~-,__,,,.'~ ,-;;--''
|,4) ./ ' ; ;/'
'-~~;'@ ( ; ;
_.--'' _.-_..' .;.'
(,_..----''' (,..--''

Meow

rgnmstr December 8th 05 05:21 AM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

Here, here.

Capt. JG December 8th 05 06:53 AM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

I just got back from D.C. Visited the WWII Memorial in the Mall. It was
inspiring.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Scout December 8th 05 08:06 AM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

OzOne wrote
Just goes to show US Govt learns absolutely nothing by its mistakes.
The attack on Pearl Harbour was very evident to all who had their eyes
open and were not lulled by the percieved invincibility of the mighty
USofA.

911 was exactly the same....and with approximately the same number of
casualties

Fortunately after Pearl, the US had an enemy and a leadership.

After 911, you had a flock of chickens chasing anything that moved.

You may or may not be right Oz. I think the anwer will come from future
historians. The chapter on Iraq is still being written.
Scout

Capt. Rob December 8th 05 11:00 AM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

The chapter on Iraq is still being written.

Don't be silly. This is a shamefull period in US history. We just went
to war based on lies. It will only become more evident over time.

RB
35s5
NY

Scout December 8th 05 11:03 AM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
The chapter on Iraq is still being written.

Don't be silly. This is a shamefull period in US history. We just went
to war based on lies. It will only become more evident over time.

All wars are started for the wrong reasons, although if attacked, one has no
choice but to fight.
All wars are shameful.
All wars are based on lies.
This one is no different.

Joe December 8th 05 01:25 PM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

So your saying we should of waited, let Saddam attack us.. or pay
someone to attack us... before we acted?

Even with the whole world demanding that saddam prove he dis-armed? And
Saddam telling the world to get ****ed and throwing out the inspectors?
We should of waited..

No wonder you guys let the govt take your guns away.

Joe

Vito December 8th 05 02:16 PM

"Let's Remember Pearl Harbor"

OzOne wrote
Just goes to show US Govt learns absolutely nothing by its mistakes.
The attack on Pearl Harbour was very evident to all who had their eyes
open and were not lulled by the percieved invincibility of the mighty
USofA.

911 was exactly the same....and with approximately the same number of
casualties

Fortunately after Pearl, the US had an enemy and a leadership.

After 911, you had a flock of chickens chasing anything that moved.

The last is not entirely true. The leaders of the people who perp'd the
9-11 attacks were living comfortably among the Taliban in Afghanistan. The
Taliban soon disappeared and the perps were about to be captured within a
very short time - this with very little cost of US life or money thanks to
an effective intel organization put in place by previous presidents.

Then Bush invaded Iraq, diverting the resources needed to bring bin Ladin &
Co to justice, not to capture Saddam but to find at least one WMD to justify
his massive blunder.

Jeeze, our local cops are less than the brightest stars in the sky, but if
they want you in jail they *will* find a bag of dope and a murder weapon on
you -- but Bush can't produce any WMDs without getting caught.

Why he invaded Iraq remains a mistery .... perhaps even to Bush. Rumor has
it that "the voices" told him to do it and he thought it was God.