posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Maxi's Boat

Well, Max made good and sent his photos of his Seasprite.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/maxiclover.jpg

She looks mighty fine and bristol, at least in the photo. Unable to
find the time presently to maintain such a boat, I'l always glad to see
that someone does.
I'm awarding it a tie with Mooron's Nordica for best looking boats. The
Nordica still sports a slight edge with her double ended design, but
they are both handsome vessels.

This effectly pushed Jeff's PDQ 36 into the ultra ugly arena!

Nice boat, Maxi.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, Max made good and sent his photos of his Seasprite.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/maxiclover.jpg

She looks mighty fine and bristol, at least in the photo. Unable to
find the time presently to maintain such a boat, I'l always glad to see
that someone does.
I'm awarding it a tie with Mooron's Nordica for best looking boats. The
Nordica still sports a slight edge with her double ended design, but
they are both handsome vessels.

This effectly pushed Jeff's PDQ 36 into the ultra ugly arena!

Nice boat, Maxi.

Thanks, and thanks for posting the photo. FYI, the second photo was taken
at St. James Harbor at Beaver Island, MI, on the Fourth of July this summer.
It's about 300nm from our home port, an amazing place with a great harbor,
and good anchorage. Like stepping back into the Fifties, but with
up-to-date restaurants, etc. That rusting hulk of a fishing tug in the
foreground has been right there for over 20 years.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Thanks, and thanks for posting the photo.

If her interior is as nice as the exterior, you might even have Mooron
beat...though I really wasn't judging condition...just lines and
character.
I think I'll make a webpage: THE BEST BOATS OF SAILING.ASA.

In no particular order....

Nordica 30.....Tough good looks!
Beneteau 33.7....speed and more speed!
Joe's Steel beast....Cruse to China anyone?
Sea Sprite 34.....Graceful award!
Beneteau 35s5....speed and interior design!
Siedleman 30.....The value champ!
Gulf 29 PH.....Character and sweet lines!
Express 30.....Speed per dollar champ!

Those would qualify for the page. While Jeff's PDQ is well made, it's
just not a sailboat. Doug's trawler obviously aint gonna go. Katie's
Kirie is just nothing special. I need to know more about Gary's boats.
Neal's boat would qualify if I thought it ever sailed. John's Catalina,
like Catalina, just shows no imagination at all. Bart's boat is a
project. Steve has no cruising boat anymore and Crantz sails a Mac26 in
fact.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Capt. Rob wrote:
Well, Max made good and sent his photos of his Seasprite.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/maxiclover.jpg

She looks mighty fine and bristol, at least in the photo. Unable to
find the time presently to maintain such a boat, I'l always glad to see
that someone does.
I'm awarding it a tie with Mooron's Nordica for best looking boats. The
Nordica still sports a slight edge with her double ended design, but
they are both handsome vessels.

This effectly pushed Jeff's PDQ 36 into the ultra ugly arena!

Nice boat, Maxi.

RB
35s5
NY

That is a lovely boat.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Pretty boat! Why didn't you post on WebShots? I don't wanna
get boobspit coodies!

Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/maxiclover.jpg

posted to alt.sailing.asa
NotPony

bs, I told you my wife's little project boat is
very cruisable. And it I can get this guy to
change his mind, I'll have the oldest, grandest
live aboard here. Even Joe will be jealous.
S.

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Steve has no cruising boat anymore and Crantz
sails a Mac26 in
: fact.
:
: RB
: 35s5
: NY
:

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/maxiclover.jpg

Pretty boat! Why didn't you post on WebShots? I don't wanna
get boobspit coodies!

Scotty

Seemed to me that Ozzie or someone has a website a while back, and we posted
to that. Is that the site to which you refer?

Thanks for the compliment.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Gary" wrote in message
Capt. Rob wrote:
Well, Max made good and sent his photos of his Seasprite.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/maxiclover.jpg

She looks mighty fine and bristol, at least in the photo. Unable to
find the time presently to maintain such a boat, I'l always glad to see
that someone does.
I'm awarding it a tie with Mooron's Nordica for best looking boats. The
Nordica still sports a slight edge with her double ended design, but
they are both handsome vessels.

This effectly pushed Jeff's PDQ 36 into the ultra ugly arena!

Nice boat, Maxi.

RB
35s5
NY

That is a lovely boat.

Thanks. We enjoy it tremendously.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Maxprop" wrote

Seemed to me that Ozzie or someone has a website a while back,

and we posted
to that. Is that the site to which you refer?

Yeah, I was thinking it was either Ozzy, or Nav. What ever
happened to Nav?

SBV

Carribean Sail Don White General 16 November 18th 05 01:23 AM
A Recreational Boating Message Skipper General 0 October 12th 05 06:42 PM