BoatBanter.com

-   -   Osprey Nest--GONE! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/62218-osprey-nest-gone.html)

Bart Senior November 1st 05 07:57 PM

Osprey Nest--GONE!

To give you an idea what the last few Nor'easters have been
like here in Connecticut. One of the two Osprey nest I talked
about earlier is completely gone--blown away by the wind and
rain.

rgnmstr November 1st 05 08:00 PM

Osprey Nest--GONE!

Are you sure the DNR didn't remove it? I believe here on the
Chesapeake the DNR removes those nests at the end of every season

Bart Senior November 1st 05 08:06 PM

Osprey Nest--GONE!

Perhaps you are right. It looks a bit too
clean. I've never seen anyone working
on any of these, but that doesn't mean it
isn't being done.

"rgnmstr" wrote

DSK November 1st 05 09:30 PM

Osprey Nest--GONE!

Bart Senior wrote:
To give you an idea what the last few Nor'easters have been
like here in Connecticut. One of the two Osprey nest I talked
about earlier is completely gone--blown away by the wind and
rain.

That sucks. But the birds may be back. They're pretty stubborn critters.

DSK

Capt. Neal® November 1st 05 09:52 PM

Osprey Nest--GONE!

"Bart Senior" .@. wrote in message ...
| To give you an idea what the last few Nor'easters have been
| like here in Connecticut. One of the two Osprey nest I talked
| about earlier is completely gone--blown away by the wind and
| rain.

Around here sticks are at a premium. Ospreys often recycle their
sticks to other nest sites.

CN

Capt. Neal® November 1st 05 09:54 PM

Osprey Nest--GONE!