Scotty

Default Waxing in the water.

Talked to a guy in Joisey today as he was waxing a car. He said he
does trucks and boats, too. I mentioned that I just did my boat. He
said he does boats in the NYC area while they're in the water. Stands
on a dock (apparently a floating one) and does one side, then turns
the boat to do the other.

I 've never heard of this. Have you?

Scotty

Joe

Whats wrong with that?
He's not waxing the bottom is he?

I paint my boat while it's in the water.

Wax is for kids.

Joe

JG

I have heard of this. Apparently, it looks fine for a few months then flakes
off.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scotty" wrote in message
Talked to a guy in Joisey today as he was waxing a car. He said he
does trucks and boats, too. I mentioned that I just did my boat. He
said he does boats in the NYC area while they're in the water. Stands
on a dock (apparently a floating one) and does one side, then turns
the boat to do the other.

I 've never heard of this. Have you?

Scotty

DSK

Scotty wrote:
Talked to a guy in Joisey today as he was waxing a car. He said he
does trucks and boats, too. I mentioned that I just did my boat. He
said he does boats in the NYC area while they're in the water. Stands
on a dock (apparently a floating one) and does one side, then turns
the boat to do the other.

I 've never heard of this. Have you?

Sure. Where have you been?

JG wrote:
I have heard of this. Apparently, it looks fine for a few months then flakes
off.

Hasn't happened to any boats I've waxed in the water.

We use 3-M stuff and a 10" RO buffer. Works like a champ as long as you
don't drop the buffer in the water.

DSK

Scotty

"DSK" wrote in message
Scotty wrote:
Talked to a guy in Joisey today as he was waxing a car. He said he
does trucks and boats, too. I mentioned that I just did my boat.

He
said he does boats in the NYC area while they're in the water.

Stands
on a dock (apparently a floating one) and does one side, then

turns
the boat to do the other.

I 've never heard of this. Have you?

Sure. Where have you been?

I've been everywhere, man.....I've been everywhere.

JG wrote:
I have heard of this. Apparently, it looks fine for a few months

then flakes
off.

Hasn't happened to any boats I've waxed in the water.

We use 3-M stuff and a 10" RO buffer. Works like a champ as long as

you
don't drop the buffer in the water.

Why would it 'flake off' ?

SV

Admiral Halsey

"DSK" wrote in message

Scotty wrote:
Talked to a guy in Joisey today as he was waxing a car. He said he
does trucks and boats, too. I mentioned that I just did my boat. He
said he does boats in the NYC area while they're in the water. Stands
on a dock (apparently a floating one) and does one side, then turns
the boat to do the other.

I 've never heard of this. Have you?

Sure. Where have you been?

Around here nearly all the detail companies wax their customers' boats ITW.
Only the marinas pull them, and that's rare. I've seen some do as Scooter
says (turning the boat and waxing from the dock), and some use inflatables
and battery-operated buffers. One woman uses a bosun's chair to do the
topsides of larger sailboats. She hangs from a multipart extension of the
main halyard and moves around the boat, adjusting her control line as she
goes. Seems to work well.

JG wrote:
I have heard of this. Apparently, it looks fine for a few months then
flakes off.

Hasn't happened to any boats I've waxed in the water.

This sounds like the old complaint that water-based bottom paints shed as
soon as the boat leaves its slip. Sounds like more hogwash to me. Wax is
wax, whether applied on the hard or ITW.

We use 3-M stuff and a 10" RO buffer. Works like a champ as long as you
don't drop the buffer in the water.

No doubt you've seen "Groundhog Day."

Bull

DSK

Scotty wrote:
I've been everywhere, man.....I've been everywhere.

That's good, but have you been to nowhere?

JG wrote:
I have heard of this. Apparently, it looks fine for a few months

then flakes
off.

Why would it 'flake off' ?

I dunno. Cheap wax? Using a drill with a disc as a "buffer"? Does
Bubbles have this problem too?

DSK

Flying Tadpole

DSK wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I've been everywhere, man.....I've been everywhere.

That's good, but have you been to nowhere?

C'mon DOug, he's just humming along! You're not _that_ young not
to know the song...
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
http://www.ace.net.au/schooner
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpolemusic.htm
DSK

Flying Tadpole wrote:
C'mon DOug, he's just humming along! You're not _that_ young not to know
the song...

Oops... well I may not be too young but I still don't know the song.

DSK

Flying Tadpole

DSK wrote:
Flying Tadpole wrote:

C'mon DOug, he's just humming along! You're not _that_ young not to
know the song...

Oops... well I may not be too young but I still don't know the song.

DSK

http://www.twin-music.com/azlyrics/c...s/cash/i2.html

You're welcome!

FT

rec.boats.paddle sea kayaking FAQ [email protected] General 0 February 28th 05 05:28 AM
Angle of prop shaft - theoretical question. Gary Warner General 103 June 18th 04 05:32 AM
push vs pull vis a vis rudders JAXAshby Cruising 146 April 2nd 04 01:57 PM
Fresh Water Tank Lou Cragin Cruising 6 December 8th 03 08:23 AM
Hot Water Dispenser Conor Crowley Cruising 11 October 28th 03 07:42 PM