BoatBanter.com

-   -   Attachments/ Doug (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/29507-attachments-doug.html)

Thom Stewart March 24th 05 11:26 PM

Attachments/ Doug

Yes Doug,

I do have a gripe with you about what you call a new Post. It isn't a
new new post if you name a response to a post something other than the
original post. You just take the original post with you.

You've just attached a new name to the old post. Not very polite. In
fact LOUSY.
That, my friend, is my gripe.

Ole Thom

JG March 25th 05 12:16 AM

Thom,

I think you're grasping at straws. There is no obligation to do as you
suggest.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Thom Stewart March 25th 05 12:57 AM

Right Jon,

There are a lot of things that get done on a unmoderated group that
shouldn't be done. Wrong is still wrong and its a good reason for not
posting.

A lurker doesn't have that problem, do they? That clears the problem.

OT

JG March 25th 05 02:13 AM

I think that's the point of a ng being unmoderated. Moderated ngs can become
hung up on the rules rather than the discussion. Of course, I see your
point, as it would be a rare thing for a political off-topic discussion to
turn into a sailing discussion. In any case, I don't think you can claim
someone has hijacked a thread, especially if they start another one.