Scout

lead pipes and knob and tube electric? hehe
I'm sure it's a handsome home!
Scout

"Donal" wrote in message

"Scout" wrote in message

I've been in many very old homes. In general, they're beautiful but too
inefficiency for my liking. I like the modern building materials,
waterproofed basements, tall basements, superior electrical and plumbing
systems, and so forth.

We have running water too! We even have electricity in most of the
rooms.

Furthermore, I'll have a real fire burning on Christmas day! I think
that
we'll start with logs (from our garden), and later we'll use coal.

Regards

Donal

katysails

There's lots of things people don't know about me...

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"Nav" wrote:
Put there by your news server I think.

Katysails has her own news server? I'm impressed!

LP

DSK

Which is about twice the power it'll ever realistically need.

Maxprop wrote:
Matter of opinion.

To some extent, yes. However when the horsepower available is far in
excess of anything the prop & the hull are going to keep up with, then
what is the purpose?

.... Nordic Tug sells more boats than they can produce
annually, and they all have 300hp Cummins or better. Same with American
Tugs, Pacific Seacraft Fast Trawlers, Sabreline, and others.

Yep. So? Lots of people like to brag about how much horsepower they have.

And it's my point that fuel simply isn't that great an expense, compared
with all the other costs of having & keeping & maintaining the boat.

That's a very nice point, Doug. Glad you made it. Now, why did you make
it? We weren't discussing fuel costs, apart from the fact that I just
mentioned--in passing--that I spent damn little for fuel this year. Not
that it's any big deal.

Ah well, when you mentioned trawlers and how expnsive their fuel bill
must be, I thought it was kinda the point.

... My next boat will be capable of at
least a sustained 7 kts. under sail or power.

Not that difficult.

... If I had the resources, I'd
own a Saga 43, which can do 8 kts. in 15kts. of wind, and 9-11kts. with
enough wind and wave to surf occasionally.

There are a lot of better boats available *much* cheaper IMHO.

Have I told you about my cold fusion reactor that I'm putting on my next
boat? g

To power the warp drive?

DSK

DSK

Lady Pilot wrote:
Thanks for the pictures, Doug.

LP (nice boat)

You're welcome.

DSK

DSK

"Maxprop" scribbled thusly:
Of those you list, Henri Wauquiez is far and away the best builder. Dufour,
Lagoon, and the others are Beneteau/Jeanneau-quality boats.

What's wrong with Jeanneau? That name has gone on a lot of different
boats built in different plants. Some are very respectably well-built.

OzOne wrote:
Yep, they all market boats where they can sell them, but that also
build superb custom yachts and top of the line beauties.
Multiplast are one of the best, building everything from small motor
sailers thru AmCup and beyond.

Never heard of Multiplast. Looks interesting.

That said, HW can't touch Henry Hinckley, Tom Morris, Shannon, Pacific
Seacraft, Kanter, Oyster, Moody, Nautor, Baltic, or Hallberg Rassey in terms
of construction quality, design, or longevity. Nothing ridiculous about it.
The frog boats aren't bad, but not up to the standards of the ones I named.
And you know it.

Careful, you're getting a Boobsie complex.

I think there is relatively little point in comparing custom built boats
to mass-produced ones.

That said, the best built boat I have ever personally inspected was an
Oyster. But Kirie has also done impressive job on many of their boats,
and the Dufour built Dynamique is the equal of any other semi-custom you
can name.

Max your emotional commitment to political jokes is getting the better
of you again....

I guess you have to be there.

Yep, that would help.

DSK

Thom Stewart

donal,
paets of my house are older than your country,,,,,,

Yeah Donal, and the land may still belong to the Queen.

Ole Thom

Scott Vernon

Let's keep it that way, shall we.

Merry Christmas......
Scotty

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, "Maxprop" wrote:

. . . Henri Wauquiez is far and away the best
builder. Dufour, Lagoon, and the others are
Beneteau/Jeanneau-quality boats. * * *

Isn't Wauquiez (like Jenneau) now owned (and built) by Beneteau?
Capt. Neal®

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message news:8kvyd.21829$F25.4778@okepread07...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:

"Lady Pilot" wrote:

"Joe" wrote

I was going to get Bob a directing job fiming the flick version but
after his dis'n me as bb Im not so sure.

Let me know if you ever get the movie project off the ground. I have a
friend that might be interested. He was co-Producer on the Godfather
III.
He's back home now in OKC. Last time we had dinner together he was
working
on a movie about Wiley Post and was needing technical advise on stunt
pilots, etc.

http://theoscarsite.com/whoswho5/frederickson_g.htm

Of course for my help, you will have to get me an actor's role in the
movie.
:-)

LP

Oh oh! Maybe BinaryBill is right about your being a man.
A woman would surely ask for an actress role, not an actor's role.

Maybe you've been out to sea too long, sailor.
Do you call your mailman a mailwoman?
Maybe you should get up with the times, and I quote from:

A female actor is an actress, although an increasingly large group feel that
the term "actor" should be redefined as being gender-neutral and used for
both men and women.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actor

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Maybe you ate too much Key Lime Pie?

LP

Ah Hah! Caught you in yet another inconsistency, dear *Lady* Pilot.

In previous posts, you claim to be a conservative woman. Yet, in this post,
you are embracing and advocating for liberal politically correct speech.
How can this be? I suppose you will also get upset if I hold a door open
for you?

First, she's a conservative woman.

Now, she's a conservative woman with a liberal bent.

It follows that she could easily be a liberal man. Good Grief!

Gotcha!

CN (too intelligent to be fooled by any sock)