BoatBanter.com

-   -   $95,000 artificial fin for dolphin (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/25332-%2495-000-artificial-fin-dolphin.html)

Capt. Neal® November 19th 04 07:37 PM

$95,000 artificial fin for dolphin

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...0710&printer=1

Joe November 20th 04 01:56 AM

Capt. Neal® wrote in message ...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...0710&printer=1

Aint that special. I think I will donate a 95.000 dollar cane to the poor dolphin.

Great write off eh?

Joe

Peter Wiley November 22nd 04 01:49 AM

(Joe) wrote in message . com...
Capt. Neal® wrote in message ...
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...0710&printer=1

Aint that special. I think I will donate a 95.000 dollar cane to the poor dolphin.

Great write off eh?

I'd donate a 225g JHP. It's only a dolphin, FCS.

PDW

John Cairns November 22nd 04 02:15 AM

OzOne wrote in message ...
On 21 Nov 2004 17:49:34 -0800, (Peter Wiley)
scribbled thusly:

(Joe) wrote in message
e.com...
Capt. Neal® wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...0710&printer=1

Aint that special. I think I will donate a 95.000 dollar cane to the
poor dolphin.

Great write off eh?

I'd donate a 225g JHP. It's only a dolphin, FCS.

PDW

Woulda made some nice steaks.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Whoa, dude. Isn't killing a dolphin supposed to bring bad luck?
John Cairns

Flying Tadpole November 22nd 04 04:32 AM

John Cairns wrote:
snip

Whoa, dude. Isn't killing a dolphin supposed to bring bad luck?
John Cairns

In some quarters. But on some grain ships sailing on the South
Oz-Europe run (tall ships/grain races)at least pre- and
post-WWII, killing the odd dolphin for meat was routine. We kill
and eat pigs, after all, which are highly intelligent animals
very like us in many ways, not to mention Daisy and Lambchop, and
I'm sure I've eaten Dobbin though disguised under another name
such as Meatpie or Stuffedcapsicum. Skipy I don't much the like
the taste and feel of (Rudolph is much better) but then
marsupials were behind the door when brains were being handed
out, right Oz ole Possum?
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
===Now with Vocals!!===(it'll be singing next!)
http://music.download.com/internetopera
and other music at
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpolemusic.htm

Flying Tadpole November 22nd 04 04:41 AM

Flying Tadpole wrote:

John Cairns wrote:
snip

Whoa, dude. Isn't killing a dolphin supposed to bring bad luck?
John Cairns

We kill
and eat pigs, after all, which are highly intelligent animals
very like us in many ways

You think so? How sad.

Cheers

Nav November 22nd 04 05:08 AM

Flying Tadpole wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote:

John Cairns wrote:
snip

Whoa, dude. Isn't killing a dolphin supposed to bring bad luck?
John Cairns

We kill
and eat pigs, after all, which are highly intelligent animals
very like us in many ways

You think so? How sad.

Cheers

Well, even in my most schizoid state, I don't think we actually
eat them alive...

Nav

John Cairns November 22nd 04 10:56 PM

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message

John Cairns wrote:
snip

[...]

In many quarters, Chinese fisherman for example. I'm not a huge fan of pork,
though I have been know to eat it. They tell me-my sister-in-law, actually,
who is a vet tech and applied for a position as a slaugterhouse inspector
but changed her mind, that if you ever saw the act of meat processing it
would put you off eating meat for quite some time.
John Cairns

Joe November 23rd 04 03:39 PM

(Peter Wiley) wrote in message . com...
"John Cairns" wrote in message . com...
OzOne wrote in message ...
On 21 Nov 2004 17:49:34 -0800,
(Peter Wiley)
scribbled thusly:

(Joe) wrote in message
e.com...
Capt. Neal® wrote in message
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...0710&printer=1

Aint that special. I think I will donate a 95.000 dollar cane to the
poor dolphin.

Great write off eh?

I'd donate a 225g JHP. It's only a dolphin, FCS.

PDW

Woulda made some nice steaks.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Whoa, dude. Isn't killing a dolphin supposed to bring bad luck?

Dolphin (Coryphaena Hippurus) ie: Mahi-mahi,dorado... is an great
tasting fish.
Great fighters to. Best way to catch them is drift fishing close to a
flosum line near the shelf. Killing a porpoise is bad luck, did you
not see the movie the "White Squall".

Joe

Not IME.

PDW