BoatBanter.com

-   -   Of yuks and type faces (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/22615-re-yuks-type-faces.html)

Jonathan Ganz September 10th 04 07:36 PM

Of yuks and type faces

In article ,
Dave wrote:
Whether you're a Democrat or a Republican you should be able to appreciate a
very clever and funny use of type face in Drudge's current headline at
www.drudgereport.com

I don't get it. What's funny about a typeface? Seems to me that Dan's
picture is funny.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Thom Stewart September 10th 04 10:07 PM

Dave,

Just about as funny as the "Swift Boat Vet for Truth" eye witness report
when they weren't there!!

Political Lies. If that is funny we have a lot of comedians in both
parties!!

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz September 10th 04 10:09 PM

In article ,
Dave wrote:
On 10 Sep 2004 11:36:05 -0700, (Jonathan Ganz)
said:

I don't get it. What's funny about a typeface? Seems to me that Dan's
picture is funny.

Too subtle for you, I guess. The superscript "th"s in "Rather" and
"Authentic" are put in to highlight a major problem with the claim that the
documents are authentic. Get it now?

I guess you just have an odd sense of humor. I got the superscript
thing, but I don't know what's funny about it. Do you think charges of
poor service, no service, being awol, or fake documents are funny? I
don't. I think it's a sad commentary on our nation that anyone would
either fake such a thing or do such a thing.

Jonathan Ganz September 10th 04 11:09 PM

In article ,
Dave wrote:
On 10 Sep 2004 14:09:45 -0700, (Jonathan Ganz)
said:

I guess you just have an odd sense of humor. I got the superscript
thing, but I don't know what's funny about it.

Well, they do say liberals have no sense of humor.

Apparently, this is also true for poodles.