BoatBanter.com

-   -   Sloop Katy - the Rhode Island Navy (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/20418-sloop-katy-rhode-island-navy.html)

Bob Crantz July 20th 04 02:58 AM

Sloop Katy - the Rhode Island Navy

http://www.providenceri.com/sloop-providence.html

katysails July 20th 04 11:36 AM

Sloop Katy - the Rhode Island Navy

Sloop Katy...an apropos name for an admirable sloop...

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

DSK July 20th 04 01:12 PM

Bob Crantz wrote:
http://www.providenceri.com/sloop-providence.html

And your point is... ?

http://www.sloopprovidence.org/history.htm

Note the HMS Rose that the Providence was expected to fight has also had
a replica built, designed by Philip Bolger, and recently used in the
movie 'Master & Commander."

http://www.nps.gov/revwar/about_the_.../jp_jones.html

It's also worth knowing a little about the Providence's most notable
captain. In fact if you are ever in Annapolis you should definitely take
the time to go to the Naval Academy Chapel... it's beautiful, it's a
stirring monument to the bravery & sacrifice of the Navy throughout our
history, and it's doubly worth visiting John Paul Jones' crypt IMHO.

DSK

Bob Crantz July 20th 04 07:54 PM

"DSK" wrote in message
Bob Crantz wrote:
http://www.providenceri.com/sloop-providence.html

And your point is... ?

Your enjoyment of this fine bit of sailing history.

DSK July 20th 04 08:15 PM

Bob Crantz wrote:
Your enjoyment of this fine bit of sailing history.

Thank you. I hope you enjoyed the links I posted too.

DSK