Michael

Default What's a sailor doing here?

No not on .asa although it seems a good answer. Instead in St. Louis,
Missouri. The only water, other than that floating by or the water in the
river down below. Not a sailboat in sight either! Well I'm on the west and
meeting my sister who is on her way east. And it's a good place with darn
few distractions to get some work down. Hunt and Peck away on the keyboard,
or is it cut and paste? Working on the next article for Lats and Atts.
Clearing the decks so when I get back home to the PNW I can spend all my
vacation time working on the boat! Next thing though is the Lats and Atts
bash up in Oak Harbor, a gathering of friends and neighbors. Home again,
for a little while anyway. It's true, you can't go home again if you expect
it to be like it was, but I hope that never happens. Port Townsend, the
Olympic Peninsuala, the straits of San Juan etc.and the Puget Sound, the
Juan Islands .. . .always somehow new and refreshing. Screw the unimportant
things in life. I've got better things to do. There's this eagle's next
I've beenwatching for a number of years. Wonder how they are doing? Then
the Blue Moose Cafe, new owners there haveto try it out all over again!
It'snever the same, it's always different, just like a good sunsrise, or
sunset. Like fine wine and good friends home gets better as it ages. But
meanwhile I'm up in the top of this huge semi-BigMac Arch and thewind is
pushing it two or three of the maximum 11'sideways. Just enough to scare
most and remind me of a sailboatscockpit or a freighter's bridge. Ah well
heartland . . .it's good stopping by to see what binds the coastlines
together . .. . But it isn't Kansas, I'm not Toto so farewell . . . .. the
ocean calls . . . .. .there's this seagull ... . .

Michael

katysails

No not on .asa although it seems a good answer. Instead in St. Louis,
Missouri. The only water, other than that floating by or the water in the
river down below. Not a sailboat in sight either!

They sail in St Louis////you have to go north of Florrisant where there's a
large bayou type place on the Mississippi....problem is if you use your
engine you get all that mud up in there and it's a mess...and the current is
pretty tricky at times...and the barge traffic is horrendous....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Bart Senior

The answer is no self respecting sailor would be there!

We are busting you down to swabbie and putting you
to work cleaning the bilge.

Michael wrote