BoatBanter.com

-   -   50 MPH sailing this weekend (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19844-50-mph-sailing-weekend.html)

Joe May 28th 04 07:43 PM

50 MPH sailing this weekend

Thats what Im hoping to get to do.

Sunday I'm signed up to test sail a Hobie trifoiler.
They claim its the fastest production sailboat in the world.

I only get 30 min so please pray for strong winds at 13:30 in Texas.

If you have never seen one check out the video's at:

http://www.hobiecat.com/sailing/models_trifoiler.html

I can't wait! Just hope I do not have to sit with the salesman for to long.
I can't afford one, but I will not let him know that:0)

Joe

katysails May 28th 04 10:44 PM

50 MPH sailing this weekend

Wow! Whats his name with the Mac 26 P or whatever it is will be sure to be
out there with you! Send our regards!

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Jonathan Ganz May 28th 04 11:08 PM

50 MPH sailing this weekend

I sailed near one in the bay out here... sounded like a jet engine. The guy
reached across the Gate in about 2 minutes, gybed, broke the connection
between the two sails, then came roaring back. I don't think he lost much
speed on the way back. Awesome. I was doing 10 kts on my trimaran,
and he passed me like a jet fighter.

Be sure to wear the faceplate/helmet. You don't want to get hit with
spray.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com