BoatBanter.com

-   -   Uniden VHF (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19843-uniden-vhf.html)

Bobsprit May 28th 04 01:13 PM

Uniden VHF

A friend handed me a new Uniden radio with the wireless WHAM mike as a pressent
yesterday. I was about to buy another of the Standard's with the RAM mike,
which is wired.
Someone had said that the WHAM wireless had problems. Anyone try one or hear
reviews? I think practical sailor didn't like it. I figure I can regift it if
need be.

RB

MilwaukeeMan May 29th 04 05:19 AM

Uniden VHF

Um........

Do yourself a favor...... Icom or Standard. Period.

Ragman

Scott Vernon May 29th 04 03:11 PM

No Sailing For Me!

"JAXAshby" wrote in message ...
The marina called this morning. They were going to launch my Siedleman
30 finally, but when the crane started lifting they heard serious
cracking, till the crane stopped, the one strap went right through the
thin hull of my poor boat. Woe is me. What will I do now?

Scotty

I think Jim Cate has a newish Mac 26 he is willing to let go for about $2,500,
with the trailor and nearly new engine.

Would that be a step up or a step sideways for me? Either way, I
don't have the cash. :(

Scotty Potti

JAXAshby May 29th 04 05:13 PM

No Sailing For Me!

I think Jim Cate has a newish Mac 26 he is willing to let go for about
$2,500,
with the trailor and nearly new engine.

Would that be a step up or a step sideways for me? Either way, I
don't have the cash. :(

over a broken seidleman 30? It would be a step down, except jim's mac 26 has a
nearly new 50 hp outboard AND a trailer.

Scotty Potti