BoatBanter.com

-   -   For Doug's Sailing Hobby (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19642-dougs-sailing-hobby.html)

Bobsprit April 28th 04 02:12 PM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

I have no doubt, being the serious sailor, that Doug has a use for this great
deal!

Let me know, Doug.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...egory=26456&it
em=2475487934

RB

Martin Baxter April 28th 04 05:24 PM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

Bobsprit wrote:

I have no doubt, being the serious sailor, that Doug has a use for this great
deal!

Let me know, Doug.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...egory=26456&it
em=2475487934

RB

"O bids", I guess they are not in particularly great demand. They'd look good on my living room wall, but your ad says they have to be picked up in
Queens, oh well.

Cheers
Marty

Bobsprit April 28th 04 05:46 PM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

"O bids", I guess they are not in particularly great demand. They'd look good
on my living room wall, but your ad says they have to be picked up in
Queens, oh well.

Pack and ship is 36.00. Says so right on the page. I think they may be sold if
no one bids.

RB

Martin Baxter April 28th 04 06:58 PM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

Bobsprit wrote:

"O bids", I guess they are not in particularly great demand. They'd look good
on my living room wall, but your ad says they have to be picked up in
Queens, oh well.

Pack and ship is 36.00. Says so right on the page. I think they may be sold if
no one bids.

RB

So it does, however the first thing a prospective sees is the part about "must be picked up in Queens", it might put some off, just trying to help out.

Cheers
Marty

Bobsprit April 28th 04 07:57 PM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

So it does, however the first thing a prospective sees is the part about "must
be picked up in Queens", it might put some off, just trying to help out.

Martin, are you having reading trouble? It doesn't say that anywhere on the
page.
It reads:

Packing and shipping these props will be 36.00 in the US. You can also pick
this up in Queens or City Island, NY.

RB

Scott Vernon April 28th 04 11:13 PM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

Is that how e-bay works?

"Martin Baxter" wrote

I think they may be sold if
no one bids.

Scott Vernon April 28th 04 11:14 PM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

"Bobsprit" wrote

You can also pick
this up from a Queen in City Island, NY.

RB

Scott Vernon April 28th 04 11:38 PM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

"Bobsprit" wrote

Martin, are you having reading trouble? It doesn't say that anywhere on

the
page.
It reads:

I'd say Marty has 20/20 vision. The ad reads;

''Item location: Queens, NY
United States

Ships to: Local pickup only (no shipping) ''

And then at the bottom;

"Shipping and handling:

Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping). ''

Bobsprit April 29th 04 12:24 AM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby

And then at the bottom;

"Shipping and handling:

Will arrange for local pickup only (no shipping). ''

Martin wrote that the pickup info "however the first thing a prospective sees
is the part about "must be picked up in Queens" Which is not the case.

Sorry, Scotty. You're wrong again.

RB

Scott Vernon April 29th 04 12:52 AM

For Doug's Sailing Hobby