BoatBanter.com

-   -   Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19222-video-tutorial-tying-fishermans-bend.html)

Knots-lover February 14th 04 09:42 PM

Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend

If you are interested a Flash video tutorial for tying a
Fisherman's Bend, or Anchor Bend, take a look at this prototype on our
Web site:

http://www.beutner.com/tutorials/fisherman-bend.html

This video tutorial uses streaming Flash video. While the video is
so-so quality, the sound quality is not bad at all. The video console
allows you to mute or adjust the audio. You can stop and start the
video whenever you like.

If enough people are interested in this, we plan to develop a gallery
of online tutorials for all of the major knots, as we do in our
commercial knot tying products.

Harry Krause February 14th 04 11:00 PM

Knots-lover wrote:

If you are interested a Flash video tutorial for tying a
Fisherman's Bend, or Anchor Bend, take a look at this prototype on our
Web site:

http://www.beutner.com/tutorials/fisherman-bend.html

This video tutorial uses streaming Flash video. While the video is
so-so quality, the sound quality is not bad at all. The video console
allows you to mute or adjust the audio. You can stop and start the
video whenever you like.

If enough people are interested in this, we plan to develop a gallery
of online tutorials for all of the major knots, as we do in our
commercial knot tying products.

IT's quite nice, and there's nothing wrong with the video.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Ken Fortenberry February 14th 04 11:06 PM

Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend

Harry Krause wrote:
Knots-lover wrote:

If you are interested ...

IT's quite nice, ...

It's not nice, it's SPAM !

--
Ken Fortenberry

daytripper February 14th 04 11:10 PM

Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:00:17 -0500, Harry Krause
wrote:

Knots-lover wrote:

If you are interested a Flash video tutorial for tying a
Fisherman's Bend, or Anchor Bend, take a look at this prototype on our
Web site:

http://www.beutner.com/tutorials/fisherman-bend.html

This video tutorial uses streaming Flash video. While the video is
so-so quality, the sound quality is not bad at all. The video console
allows you to mute or adjust the audio. You can stop and start the
video whenever you like.

If enough people are interested in this, we plan to develop a gallery
of online tutorials for all of the major knots, as we do in our
commercial knot tying products.

IT's quite nice, and there's nothing wrong with the video.

Indeed, as a demonstration of practical application of technology it is
excellent.

/daytripper (would never use that knot on my boat, though ;-)

Cardinal Bill February 14th 04 11:45 PM

Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend

What's wrong with these two places?
http://www.mistral.co.uk/42brghtn/knots/index.html
http://www.iland.net/~jbritton/

--
heavy, adj.:
Seduced by the chocolate side of the force.

rw February 15th 04 11:41 AM

Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Knots-lover wrote:

If you are interested ...

IT's quite nice, ...

It's not nice, it's SPAM !

What's he selling? Rope?

Harry Krause February 15th 04 02:57 PM

Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend

rw wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Knots-lover wrote:

If you are interested ...

IT's quite nice, ...

It's not nice, it's SPAM !

What's he selling? Rope?

I dunno. But the visualization of the knot tying was very good.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Harry Krause February 15th 04 04:29 PM

Knots-lover wrote:
If you are interested a Flash video tutorial for tying a
Fisherman's Bend, or Anchor Bend, take a look at this prototype on our
Web site:

http://www.beutner.com/tutorials/fisherman-bend.html

This video tutorial uses streaming Flash video. While the video is
so-so quality, the sound quality is not bad at all. The video console
allows you to mute or adjust the audio. You can stop and start the
video whenever you like.

If enough people are interested in this, we plan to develop a gallery
of online tutorials for all of the major knots, as we do in our
commercial knot tying products.

Indeed. In fact, there is a link on the site that takes you to an ad to
sell CDs that teach knot tying, but so what? I have no objection to an
obtuse ad if the link itself has useful information.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Steve_sullivan February 15th 04 07:56 PM

Video Tutorial, Tying a Fisherman's Bend

In article ,
rw wrote:

Ken Fortenberry wrote:
Harry Krause wrote:

Knots-lover wrote:

If you are interested ...

IT's quite nice, ...

It's not nice, it's SPAM !

What's he selling? Rope?

No, a cd with videos of all the knots a fisherman might need.

--
"He that would exchange liberty for temporary safety
deserves neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin