BoatBanter.com

-   -   2 questions for Doug. (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19083-2-questions-doug.html)

MC January 29th 04 01:28 AM

2 questions for Doug.

It's generally agreed that having a fine trailing edge on foils is a
good idea.

Q1. (easy) Is it better to a have a squared off edge or a rounded edge
to minimise drag?

Q2. (slightly harder) Assuming no ventilation, what is the equation for
the limiting drag on a plate section? You'll need to explain your answer
for the edification of others!

These are easy questions for an engineer but how long will it take Doug
to post the answers? Google may not help!

C'mon Doug the clock is ticking.

Cheers

MC January 29th 04 02:55 AM

2 questions for Doug.

The answer will certainly surprise you! An equation can include as many
or as few factors as are needed...

Cheers

Scout January 29th 04 10:51 AM

2 questions for Doug.

MC,
When didst thou become contentious? Hath some great trouble befallen thee?
Doth some dolor darken thy soul? Whence comes this brutish broadcast? Speak,
for we are all friends here!
Scout

"MC" wrote

DSK January 29th 04 06:18 PM

2 questions for Doug.

"MC" wrote

These are easy questions for an engineer but how long will it take Doug
to post the answers? Google may not help!
C'mon Doug the clock is ticking.

In NZ time or real time? Anyway, why should I help you with your science
homework?

"Scout" wrote...
MC,
When didst thou become contentious? Hath some great trouble befallen

thee?
Doth some dolor darken thy soul? Whence comes this brutish broadcast?

Speak,

for we are all friends here!

Cool Shakespeare chops, Scout! Anyway, MC (or Navvie as some call him)
doesn't have friends, a true pedant doesn't want or need them.

Scott Vernon wrote:
He's trying to sucker Doug into another bet to get out of paying the first
one.

heh heh not likely. Think I should get lawyers involved?

DSK

MC January 29th 04 09:10 PM

2 questions for Doug.

DSK wrote:

heh heh not likely. Think I should get lawyers involved?

S'funny you avoided that last time. I offered the use of an independent
person but you ran away from that and refused all reasonable terms for
settling the bet. Could it be that you lost it?

Cheers

MC January 29th 04 09:11 PM

2 questions for Doug.

DSK wrote:

"MC" wrote

These are easy questions for an engineer but how long will it take Doug
to post the answers? Google may not help!
C'mon Doug the clock is ticking.

In NZ time or real time? Anyway, why should I help you with your science
homework?

Didn't you clam to to have expertise in shaping foils at one time? I'm
still waiting for your answers Doug!

Cheers

DSK January 29th 04 09:19 PM

2 questions for Doug.

MC wrote:
S'funny you avoided that last time. I offered the use of an independent
person but you ran away from that and refused all reasonable terms for
settling the bet. Could it be that you lost it?

"All reasonable terms for settling the bet" means that the loser pays.
You lost. So pay up.

Have you gotten any unusual attention from the Inland Revenue lately?

DSK

DSK January 29th 04 09:23 PM

2 questions for Doug.

MC wrote:
Didn't you clam to to have expertise in shaping foils at one time?

I don't ever "claim" anything. That's for doofii like you, Boobsie, and Jax.

I have made a number of under water foils, including centerboards &
rudders, and worked on a number of others. Could easily include
"shaping" although when working from scratch, have always used standard
foil sections. In some cases, one-design rules have to be kept.

Now why, since you alway insist that sailing small boats is beneath your
lofty dignity, would you be interested?

... I'm
still waiting for your answers Doug!

Try holding your breath.