BoatBanter.com

-   -   Trimaran or catamarans ? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/18113-trimaran-catamarans.html)

none October 27th 03 06:39 AM

Trimaran or catamarans ?

Thoughts opinions ?

Peter S/Y Anicula October 27th 03 07:14 AM

Trimaran or catamarans ?

Yes, all else being equal I would take the catamarans.
Then I could always sell one to get money to go sailing in an other.

none skrev i en meddelelse ...
Thoughts opinions ?

Horvath October 27th 03 11:45 AM

Trimaran or catamarans ?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:14:14 +0100, "Peter S/Y Anicula"
wrote this crap:

Yes, all else being equal I would take the catamarans.
Then I could always sell one to get money to go sailing in an other.

Then get a tri. Sell two hulls, and sail the third.

They're building a razor with four blades, instead of three. So I
suppose a quadamaran should be even faster.

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.

Jeff Morris October 27th 03 11:45 AM

Trimaran or catamarans ?

Yes, absolutely.
--
-jeff

none wrote in message ...
Thoughts opinions ?

Jonathan Ganz October 27th 03 06:22 PM

Trimaran or catamarans ?

You'll have more room in a cat, but it won't point quite as well as
a tri. You'll have more deck space on cat, but a tri will "feel" more
like a mono when sailing with about 15 deg of heel vs 5 for a cat.
I believe tris are faster over 35 feet or so.

none wrote in message ...
Thoughts opinions ?

Jonathan Ganz October 27th 03 06:23 PM

Trimaran or catamarans ?

I think if you want to slit your throat, you should use a single blade.
That's about your speed.

Jonathan Ganz October 27th 03 06:23 PM

Trimaran or catamarans ?

Those F boats are a blast.

"Peter S/Y Anicula" wrote in message
Yes, all else being equal I would take the catamarans.
Then I could always sell one to get money to go sailing in an other.

none skrev i en meddelelse ...
Thoughts opinions ?

Bobsprit October 27th 03 08:35 PM

Trimaran or catamarans ?