BoatBanter.com

-   -   First in 60 years (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/17698-first-60-years.html)

Joe September 26th 03 07:00 PM

First in 60 years

We picked up a shrimp net and set of doors at an estate sell. Small
net only a 20 foot opening and the doors are only 2 foot by 3 foot
most shrimpers call them "try nets". Tossed them over the stern just
sailing Jig & Jigger in 8kts wind, making 1-2kts dragging and 45
minutes later we had 10 pounds of big shrimp and a few keeper
Flounders. So I figure I can make 75 dollars an hour sailing and fill
my freezer in a few trips. We are most likely the first sailboat to
drag for shrimp in 60+ years.

If you tried this in LIS I wonder what you would catch?.

I think it's an advantage to use sail because the net is not directly
behind the boat, but 25-30 degrees abaft the beam, lets you sneek up
on the little buggers. Only dis-advantage is you are severly
restricted in your ability to change course.

Joe
MSV RedCloud

Scott Vernon September 26th 03 07:13 PM

First in 60 years

"Joe" steel rust bucket @yoho.com wrote ...

My first piece of tail in 60+ years.

Congrats, Joe.

If you tried this in LIS I wonder what you would catch?.

AIDs?

katysails September 26th 03 10:43 PM

First in 60 years

If you tried this in LIS I wonder what you would catch?.
Eau de Jimmy Hoffa?

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse