BoatBanter.com

-   -   Question about Chartering (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16736-question-about-chartering.html)

James Toland August 6th 03 08:54 PM

Question about Chartering

I have ONE straight ahead question regarding chartering. How many weeks a
year would be considered the median average one could count on to get
booked. Lets say 1 '70 foot modern schooner with all the charm money can
buy. 10 weeks, 16? Cruising the Italian coast and Islands, and the S. of
France...reality check needed....

DSK August 6th 03 11:55 PM

Question about Chartering

James Toland wrote:

I have ONE straight ahead question regarding chartering. How many weeks a
year would be considered the median average one could count on to get
booked.

That would depend very much on the agent & the amenities/price ratio.

Lets say 1 '70 foot modern schooner with all the charm money can
buy. 10 weeks, 16? Cruising the Italian coast and Islands, and the S. of
France...reality check needed....

Generally in business, if you have to ask, don't do it. I know of a number of
corporate owned yachts that are chartered every day of the year. Most of them
also show losses for tax reasons.

Good luck
Doug King

Roy G. Biv August 7th 03 03:06 AM

Question about Chartering

How to make a small fortune in the charter business:

start with a large fortune !