BoatBanter.com

-   -   Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits. (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16660-re-flying-sail-new-album-10-000-hits.html)

Gerard Weatherby August 1st 03 02:57 AM

Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

What's this about?
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...47887229WCRwzQ

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org

John Cairns August 1st 03 04:18 AM

Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

Oddly enough, someone on the C-28 list was asking how the genny tack
attached to the RF unit. They were confused due to the extra shackle, I
still haven't figured out what it's for myself.
John Cairns

The_navigator© August 1st 03 04:25 AM

Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

RF is an abreviation for radio frequency -Gilligan will explain...

Cheers MC

The_navigator© August 1st 03 04:28 AM

Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

Genny is the source of power for the RF unit. You may need a tuna for
maximum range. Gilligan please explain it!

Horvath August 1st 03 05:01 AM

Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 20:46:07 -0400, "John Cairns"
wrote this crap:

http://community.webshots.com/album/469185ZofbVJ/1

My neighbor was out on his H-28, looked like he was taking some pics but I
think he missed this.

http://community.webshots.com/album/820098IXeuDz

Hoping to aquire some more pics from our fellow sailors, none so far.

Putting those pics on webshots is a waste of time. It takes too long
to download.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

Jonathan Ganz August 1st 03 08:05 AM

Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

Yeah, I understand that the library frowns on people trying
to upload from their public computers.

DSK August 1st 03 12:28 PM

Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

John Cairns wrote:

http://community.webshots.com/album/46539185ZofbVJ/1

There's nothing wrong with going wing & wing with an A-sail. It's only faster
to reach back & forth if you can make a significant gain by apparent wind
(which most sprit boats can).

Your sail looks (from what I can see of it) like it was cut more for reaching,
too. The head is relatively narrow & flat, which is nice in light air because
it doesn't fold inward & collapse as easily.

My neighbor was out on his H-28, looked like he was taking some pics but I
think he missed this.

http://community.webshots.com/album/82970098IXeuDz

You chased him under power? What do you mean, "he disappeared?" I hope you
don't mean sunk without a trace?!?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

John Cairns August 1st 03 09:04 PM

Flying the a-sail, new album, 10,000 hits.

It does work fairly well reaching, still working out how to properly fly it
with the wind aft. It is a little more difficult without a pole, but my boat
was never set up for one.
John Cairns