BoatBanter.com

-   -   Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16638-re-ellen-macarthur-tthe-reluctant-heroine.html)

Gerard Weatherby July 30th 03 07:02 PM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:51:12 GMT, "jlrogers" wrote:

"...how could it be that this shy young woman with spiky dark hair and
eyes the colour of the Atlantic Ocean on a clear day has amassed a
reputation in 27 years that bears comparison with Sir Francis Drake?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../ixothspt.html

Great line:

"I still think there's this perception that sailing is an elitist sport," she
said. "People have this vision of sitting on the deck of a boat with a glass of
wine in hand. We've got the ice in the Southern Ocean, but it's not much use for
putting in drinks."

S/V Cat's Meow
http://www.catsmeow.org

Peter Wiley July 31st 03 12:58 AM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:02:13 -0400, Gerard Weatherby
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:51:12 GMT, "jlrogers" wrote:

"...how could it be that this shy young woman with spiky dark hair and
eyes the colour of the Atlantic Ocean on a clear day has amassed a
reputation in 27 years that bears comparison with Sir Francis Drake?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../ixothspt.html

Great line:

"I still think there's this perception that sailing is an elitist sport," she
said. "People have this vision of sitting on the deck of a boat with a glass of
wine in hand. We've got the ice in the Southern Ocean, but it's not much use for
putting in drinks."

Rubbish. Rum over glacial ice is a real treat.

katysails July 31st 03 04:06 AM

eewwww It might have mastodon **** in it....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Peter Wiley July 31st 03 05:21 AM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 23:06:30 -0400, "katysails"
wrote:

Rubbish. Rum over glacial ice is a real treat.

eewwww It might have mastodon **** in it....

The water you drink definitely has someone/something's **** in it.
Learn to enjoy the flavour.

Besides, rum is a disinfectant. Ask Mooron.

Horvath July 31st 03 11:40 AM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:51:12 GMT, "jlrogers" wrote
this crap:

"...how could it be that this shy young woman with spiky dark hair and
eyes the colour of the Atlantic Ocean on a clear day has amassed a
reputation in 27 years that bears comparison with Sir Francis Drake?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai.../ixothspt.html

You sure that's a woman? She looks dykie to me.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

Jonathan Ganz July 31st 03 06:24 PM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

Sort of like your "girl friend."

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:51:12 GMT, "jlrogers" wrote
this crap:

"...how could it be that this shy young woman with spiky dark hair and
eyes the colour of the Atlantic Ocean on a clear day has amassed a
reputation in 27 years that bears comparison with Sir Francis Drake?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mai...07/26/somott26.

xml&sSheet=/sport/2003/07/26/ixothspt.html

jlrogers July 31st 03 10:28 PM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

You mean, he said in the Spirit of Accuracy, a three dollar bill.

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
She's as queer as a two-dollar bill and that's a fact.

Horvath August 1st 03 12:27 AM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:03:38 +1000, The Cappys Master wrote this
crap:

You sure that's a woman? She looks dykie to me.

Hey Holly, she just spent over 90 days at sea!
90 days of 24 hours, How many have you spent in your entire life?

More than you.

Horvath August 1st 03 12:28 AM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:24:52 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote this crap:

Sort of like your "girl friend."

You jealous of my girl friend? I know you want me.

otnmbrd August 1st 03 03:23 AM

Ellen MacArthur, Tthe Reluctant Heroine

EG See you bailed out of the "Rules" thread, when things got too hard
on ya ..... alas, twas expected.....

otn