BoatBanter.com

-   -   Hope (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16599-hope.html)

CANDChelp July 28th 03 02:25 PM

Hope

Bob Hope dead at 100.

RB

Donal July 28th 03 02:39 PM

No Hope

"CANDChelp" wrote in message
Bob Hope dead at 100.

I've corrected the subject line.

Regards

Donal
--

Thom Stewart July 28th 03 02:42 PM

Hope

God Bless the man. The world lost an awful lot of it luster without him.
He serviced his time and desires his rest

Just an aside, our friend AB3 (Schoonertrash) is an AB on a Ship named
after Bob Hope

One, of the many, of his great saying was, " I'm so old, they've
cancelled my blood type"

Ole Thom

CANDChelp July 28th 03 05:04 PM

Hope

Wouldn't it be better to have thanked him when he was alive?

I think everyone did.

RB

Jonathan Ganz July 28th 03 05:33 PM

Hope

Maybe, but he was a prime jerk. He treated his "underlings"
in a terrible fashion. He was certainly no prince.

Jonathan Ganz July 28th 03 05:35 PM

Hope

People thanked him plenty. He viewed anyone of a lessor stature
with contempt. He felt he deserved to be eulogized as though he
was a god. He wasn't.

"Gilligan" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Everyone eulogizes the guy after after he's dead.

CANDChelp July 28th 03 05:43 PM

Hope

He felt he deserved to be eulogized as though he
was a god. He wasn't.

100 years old....that's a GODLY amount of years!

RB

Capt.American July 28th 03 05:50 PM

Hope

(CANDChelp) wrote in message ...
Bob Hope dead at 100.

RB

What a loss, Unlike you and many of todays self centered movie people
he always stood behind, and rallied the troops.

Most of todays Hollywood types could learn a great deal from Bob
Hope.

Thanks for the memories Bob!

Capt. American

Simple Simon July 28th 03 07:12 PM

Hope

Who gives a hoot about Bob Hope? I can't recall that
he ever sailed.

"CANDChelp" wrote in message ...
Bob Hope dead at 100.

RB

Simple Simon July 28th 03 07:14 PM

Hope

I agree with you Jonathan. Bob Hope was as highly
overated as any comedian could ever be. He was
one of those people who thought he was better
than everybody else. He would have nothing to
do with the common foot soldier and would only
be seen with high ranking officers. The man was
a loser and a fraud in my opinion. Good riddance
to the old *******, I say.