BoatBanter.com

-   -   Cool boat names (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16425-cool-boat-names.html)

John Cairns July 18th 03 03:43 AM

Cool boat names

Not the most original, but I got a chuckle out of the guy (racer) who named
his boat "runs with scissors". While we're on the subject, I thought we
might put our collective minds together to come up with appropriate names
for any of the folks out there that are talking about buying a new boat(hint
hint).
John Cairns

felton July 18th 03 03:47 AM

Cool boat names

For Bob, it would have to be "Knot a Clew"

Horvath July 18th 03 04:36 AM

Cool boat names

wrote this crap:

Not the most original, but I got a chuckle out of the guy (racer) who named
his boat "runs with scissors". While we're on the subject, I thought we
might put our collective minds together to come up with appropriate names
for any of the folks out there that are talking about buying a new boat(hint
hint).
John Cairns

Hey Hey Hey! The owner of "Scissors" is a good friend of mine. He
won a flag for the Commodore Perry Race.

Ave Imperator Bush!
Bush Was Right! Four More Beers!

[email protected] July 18th 03 04:58 PM

Cool boat names

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003m "John Cairns" wrote:

* * * I thought we might put our collective
minds together to come up with appropriate names
for any of the folks out there that are talking
about buying a new boat (hint hint).

A fellow in our area named Mike Devo testing out his just delivered
Swan 45 has the name DevOcean emblazoned (of course: in gold letters)
on that boat's transom.

SkitchNYC July 18th 03 05:06 PM

Cool boat names

* * * I thought we might put our collective
minds together to come up with appropriate names
for any of the folks out there that are talking
about buying a new boat (hint hint).

A fellow in our area named Mike Devo testing out his just delivered
Swan 45 has the name DevOcean emblazoned (of course: in gold letters)
on that boat's transom.

He should have named it "Whip it Good"

SAIL LOCO July 18th 03 09:45 PM

Cool boat names

Swan 45 has the name DevOcean emblazoned (of course: in gold letters)
on that boat's transom.

I've only seen gold lettering on power boats. Usually 35 footers where the
owner thinks he owns a mega yacht.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
Trains are a winter sport

Frank and Ronnie Maier July 18th 03 11:57 PM

Cool boat names

"John Cairns" wrote...
Not the most original, but I got a chuckle out of the guy (racer) who named
his boat "runs with scissors". While we're on the subject, I thought we
might put our collective minds together to come up with appropriate names
for any of the folks out there that are talking about buying a new boat(hint
hint).
John Cairns

I've always told my wife that if we ever buy a Swan, I'd hafta name it "Leda."

Otherwise, our next cruising boat will be "Loup Garou," the Cajun werewolf.

Frank

Flying Tadpole July 19th 03 12:26 AM

Cool boat names

Frank and Ronnie Maier wrote:

I've always told my wife that if we ever buy a Swan, I'd hafta name it "Leda."

And was she stimulated by that?

FT

Flying Tadpole July 19th 03 04:16 PM

Cool boat names

Frank and Ronnie Maier wrote:

Flying Tadpole asked...
Frank and Ronnie Maier wrote:

I've always told my wife that if we ever buy a Swan, I'd hafta name it "Leda."

And was she stimulated by that?

Ha! I'll never tell!

But if you check barnyardanimals.com...

Honk! Honk!

Frank (Zeus was awfully fond of having his way with mortal women while
assuming the body of other species, wasn't he?)

I wouldn't know. I had a very deprived childhood and didn't get
to read any Dr Zeuss.

FT

CANDChelp July 19th 03 04:20 PM

Cool boat names

Hey, Taddy....go sailing, man!

I'm waiting for Suzanne to get home....we'll be sailing by 2:00 I hope!
Tomorrow I have a lot of girls coming out...

RB