BoatBanter.com

-   -   A Night to Remember (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16407-night-remember.html)

Bobsprit July 17th 03 02:43 PM

A Night to Remember

We screened the famed movie about the sinking of Titanic a few nights ago.

If anyone thinks that this version doesn't hold up, I suggest you have a look.
A Night to Remember is still the definitive Titanic movie. Well worth watching
more than once. I challenge you not to cry!

****

Capt RB

SailNrails July 19th 03 01:42 AM

A Night to Remember

I recommend "Ghosts of the Titanic" by Charles Pelligrino. The current Imax
movie is loosely based on some of the info from it (and Pelligrino is in it)
but the book has a lot more information -- some of it spooky, some of it
heartrending.

"Are those people on that iceberg?"

"No -- Make course for Boston"

---Mate and captain of the Californian, April 15, 1912

CANDChelp July 19th 03 02:48 AM

A Night to Remember

I recommend "Ghosts of the Titanic" by Charles Pelligrino.

We screened Ghost of the Titanic as a rough cut some time back. I was
impressed, but I heard that it lost a lot in the fine cut. I'll be looking to
see it again when it's released on DVD.

RB