BoatBanter.com

-   -   DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/16227-do-you-all-know-oz1-trolling-other-news-groups.html)

Danny Taddei July 5th 03 09:28 AM

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

If you have wondered why I would return messages to him the reason is
that there is no recourse. He follows me around the web and cross posts
to any and all other news groups that I post at. He is by any
definition, a troll. You're beloved pall is a TROLL. This is the
mentality of your favorite guy.

--
Danny Taddei
e-mail me at (remove no-worms-in-a-)

Capt. Mooron July 5th 03 11:01 AM

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

Your point being????

CM

Wally July 5th 03 01:50 PM

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message

If you have wondered why I would return messages to him the reason is
that there is no recourse. He follows me around the web and cross posts
to any and all other news groups that I post at.

Which groups?

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!

Flying Tadpole July 5th 03 03:15 PM

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

Well, he often slips his leash when nature calls. But I can't
find any droppings outside the alt.sailing.asa garden over the
last 24 hrs on a Google groups search. Can you be more specific?

Flying Tadpole

Danny Taddei wrote:

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

snip

Danny Taddei July 5th 03 04:05 PM

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

Let's see, it's against use policy?
It shows mentality?
It's referred to as "stocking"
I also got an email addresses from my IP from the name Jasson making
jokes about it?

Danny Taddei July 5th 03 04:06 PM

Wally wrote:

"Danny Taddei" wrote in message

If you have wondered why I would return messages to him the reason is
that there is no recourse. He follows me around the web and cross posts
to any and all other news groups that I post at.

Which groups?

Why? So you can do it too?

Danny Taddei July 5th 03 04:11 PM

Flying Tadpole wrote:

Well, he often slips his leash when nature calls. But I can't
find any droppings outside the alt.sailing.asa garden over the
last 24 hrs on a Google groups search. Can you be more specific?

I am hesitant due the felling I get that most of you would do the same
thing but just for fun and knowing that if anything happens again I will
report it:
rec.music.makers.songwriting
rec.audio.pro
akt.fan.buffett

My posts here, as much as you liked to bash them, where real. He had
never posted at those other sited until now and he is stocking. I also
received a mysterious email about how funny it was from Jasson, as if I
didn't already know how it was.

Flying Tadpole

Thomas Stewart July 5th 03 04:41 PM

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

SO WHAT??

Flying Tadpole July 5th 03 05:07 PM

Danny Taddei wrote:

Flying Tadpole wrote:

Well, he often slips his leash when nature calls. But I can't
find any droppings outside the alt.sailing.asa garden over the
last 24 hrs on a Google groups search. Can you be more specific?

I am hesitant due the felling I get that most of you would do the same
thing but just for fun and knowing that if anything happens again I will
report it:
rec.music.makers.songwriting
rec.audio.pro
akt.fan.buffett

Oh. OK. I just realised I couldn't track because he's got the
archive switch "off".

Look, Danny, in plain speech, no verse, and recognising that you
do have a degree of reality going for you: you are being trolled
unmercifully, but it's not going to stop if you keep rising to
the bait!

Part of it you brought on yourself, because particular people you
tangled with when you arrived are, to my certain and sure
knowledge, more experienced sailors, and more travelled, and in
once case more wealthy, than your own web-print indicates you
are. On a previous visit, you managed a similar tangle. This
is in fact a newsgroup with a lot of expertise and experience on
it. (I can say this, because I freely admit to being a poor,
nondescript and lakebound Tadpole of limited experience).

As a newsgroup, it's more an extended chat-room, with a lot
happening, and a lot of people who know each other intimately (in
a virtual sense). It also used to be the boating usenet's most
erudite continuous virtual bar-room brawl, as a brief perusing of
the archives will show. In a lot of ways, I'm quite happy to see
a good brawl erupt again--it gives me lots of material to play or
work with--but preferably with some variety in it, and the
current stoush is starting to become embarrassing.

Just remember one important thing: this is a virtual forum.
People get judged on how they handle themselves within it, not on
what they claim to be, or have, or have done. Some people are
very easy to check the reality of. Me, for instance. Others are
totally impossible to ferret out. Oz1 for instance. Some are
real, some are fakers, some are confused, and some are
glove-puppets worn by (in at least eight cases) a genius
octopus. There are also some very, very clever and very very
talented people lurking in the darker corners. But all there is
to go by is _how_they_perform_in_this_forum_! Nothing else can be
trusted to be real.

Flying Tadpole

Flying Tadpole July 5th 03 05:09 PM

DO YOU ALL KNOW THAT OZ1 IS TROLLING OTHER NEWS GROUPS?

And the punch line which fell off the preceding post:

So just take a deep breath, _think_ about what's happening, and
stop reacting. Put up a sailing topic post. Ignore the prods.

Flying Tadpole