posted to alt.usenet.kooks,alt.checkmate,rec.boats.cruising,alt.sailing.asa
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.[_2_] is offline

Default I'm so smart . . .

Unlike you lazy lubbers, I don't have pressure water. My yacht's
potable water is contained in tanks which are connected to
hand-pumps with flexible hoses.

Here's an example of a ohand pump:

http://www.westmarine.com/freshwater...y-pump--190595

Well, my galley pump was getting harder and harder to operate and just
the smallest stream of water was coming out the spout. I checked the
length of the hose to the water tank for pinching and kinks but there
were none. The only other thing I figured it could be was there must
be a screen on the end of the hose inside the tank. The screen must
slowly have gotten clogged. Getting to this would involve removing the
tank - an all day job.

Well, I used my brain instead of my brawn. I removed the hose where
it connects to the pump and fitted it with a brass fitting and
Schrader valve which I have in stock for use to pressurize and
overboard discharge my sewage holding tank. I hose-clamped it on so it
wouldn't leak and then I connected an old fashioned bicycle floor pump
to the Schrader valve and pumped away. At first it was a little hard
to pump then I heard a bubbling noise and it got easier and easier to
pump. In other words, the debris that was clogging the intake screen
was blown out.

Now the galley pump is easy to operate and lots of water comes out on
every stroke. I added a little bleach to the tank to kill any
stirred-up bacteria, algae, etc.

You dumbass lubbers would find yourself spending hundreds of dollars
paying a plumber while it didn't cost me one thin dime - just a little
thought and elbow grease. Now, I'm about ready to break out a cold
bottle of wine from my refrigerator that runs from environmentally
friendly photovoltaics causing no greenhouse gasses to be released to
the environment.

Living off the grid is so darned responsible and kewl. Living on the
grid and complaining about greenhouse gasses like you freaking lubbers
do is the height of hypocrisy.

--
Sir Gregory