Larry W4CSC

Default Problems with ICOM IC-M502

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:31:33 -0800, Peter Bennett
wrote:

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:07:22 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

back on. The remote mike does not have good quality audio output in
any case. Receive sensitivity of the 502 seems pretty bad as well but then
again it could be my antenna. Before next season I'll put a meter on it
and check it out.

I saw a report on a mailing list that the 502 (or 602?) must be turned
off when attaching the remote mike. Have you found this to be true,
and what happens if you do attach the remote mike with the radio
turned on?

We have the Commander mic on an Icom M602 aboard Lionheart. Plugging
the mic in while the radio is on doesn't hurt anything, but the remote
mic doesn't control the radio because the radio's computer only tests
to see if it's hooked up when it boots from off so ignores its pleas
for commands.

Hook the remote mic up FIRST, then turn the radio on. If the radio is
already on, turn it off, hook up the remote mic, then turn the radio
back on.

Damned stupid computers, anyways.....(c;

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"