sded

Default Problems with ICOM IC-M502

Same problem with the 402. Remote mic doesn't work if you attach it with the
radio turned on. Usually cycling the power fixes it for the 402. I think the
audio quality is actually pretty good; works well outdoors.
Peter Bennett wrote:

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:07:22 -0500, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

back on. The remote mike does not have good quality audio output in
any case. Receive sensitivity of the 502 seems pretty bad as well but then
again it could be my antenna. Before next season I'll put a meter on it
and check it out.

I saw a report on a mailing list that the 502 (or 602?) must be turned
off when attaching the remote mike. Have you found this to be true,
and what happens if you do attach the remote mike with the radio
turned on?