joevan[_3_] joevan[_3_] is offline

Default Pinta - MorrisRoger-SantaMariaNiñaAndPinta-sj.jpg

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:19:10 -0500, Sj wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:05:04 -0400, "MWB" wrote:

Casco Bay Maine Sunrise 6-28-11

Illustration by Roger Morris

The Santa Maria, the Niña and the Pinta at sea,
in the chapter on Christopher Columbus in his
book, 'Atlantic Seafaring - Ten Centuries of
Exploration'

Sj

I remember seeing those three ships at Jamestown, or rather the
replicas of them as a young person. It was not far from my home. Nice
to see them again. Poquoson was my town, a town in the 50's and a city
a few years later. From 5,000 to over 100 thousand now. Wow time flies
and flies like a banana.