Doug Dotson

Default New killer of cruising sailors

E.Coli is part of the natural flora of the human digestive tract. That is
why it is used as an indicator of human polution in water. Vegies that
have E. Coli in them is a result of countries that use human waste
as fertilizer. It is only when one gets a massive dose that the body
can't handle then one gets sick. I suspect that some sub-strains exists
as well that are more aggressive.

Doug
s/v Callista

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Why, it is E.Coli from fresh vegetables. For two million years, humans

have
been eating fresh vegetables and finally we learn we can die from it.

What incredible stuff one can find out about on the Internet.

http://takehersailingboard.infopop.c...016594&f=99560
83605&m=630105035&r=479100135#479100135

btw, here what the FDA has to say about E.Coli. Not that the most

susiptble
are the very young and the elderly, which of course is most cruising

sailors
out there.

http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~mow/chap15.html