Justin C[_39_] Justin C[_39_] is offline

Default It isn't fair. How about posthumous knighthood for Eric Hiscock.

In article , Bruce wrote:
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 23:58:47 +0000, Justin C
wrote:

In article , Bruce wrote:

I have read that the Hiscock's were the only, or at least the first,
couple that supported themselves solely by writing about
sailing/cruising.

Quite possibly true. There's so many out there doing it now, though,
that I doubt anyone wanting to set out could finance cruising that way
any more.

Justin.

I know a couple of people who write for various magazines. One and
English chap was trying to make a living at it writing travel stories.
He was having no problem getting published but he gave it up and said
that the magazines pay very, very, slowly.

I suppose it depends whether you're have a regular column, or are just
an occasional contributor. If you're in there monthly they gotta pay ya
or you don't get copy in on time! On the other hand, if there's dozens
of people submitting articles that are 'good enough' and they only
publish one or two a month, where's the incentive to pay?

Been meaning to take a writing course, just don't seem to be able to get
my behind into gear.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.