Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Toughbook?? Computers aboard, again (was) September Surprises...

"Bob" wrote in message

*********
bla bla bal same **** as usual above.........
+++++++++

Total time...... 10 min

Rather than buying 2x $400 things which are lovely to take into the
cockpit,

or not worry about getting wet if you take them ashore,

your language is difficult to understand.
CF-29s et al are bullet proof (sorta) as well as water proof (proven).
If they get dirty just HOZE them off...........

or their many
shortcomings

What short commings??????

Note that I am not against Toughbooks, though, for the bells and
whistles,

Once again your language is equivical............ no bells and
whistles. just rock solid hardware.

BOb

Hi, again,

As this is now a toughbook vs other hardy laptops discussion, I'll drop out,
and with hope, rename the thread so it doesn't confuse matters.

That said, I have nothing against toughbooks. It just has nothing to do
with my (presumably solved) challenges witih (apparent) hard drive failures.
Every time the computer has been back, it won't display any internal
troubles which could cause my experiences.

Y'all fight over whether toughbook will work at sea to your hearts' content.
I very much doubt I'll have any first-hand input :{))

L8R

Skip

--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so
much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in
boats-or *with* boats.
In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's
the charm of it.
Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your
destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get
anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in
particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and
you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."