cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default September Surprises...

wrote:
On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 22:49:22 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:

1025x769
and 800 mHz

More than adequate for marine navigation, email, and internet access.
Your sailboat isn't all that fast, either.

Dog,

Depends on how you use it. If all it is doing is playing chart plotter, ok, yeah,
that might be adequate. Maybe.

But using it as a chart?

The charts I have downloaded are all HUGE graphics files or PDF files.
Panning that on a small screen takes time and the smaller the screen the
more limited the view.

Also, it helps to have a couple (or more) views loaded at once so you don't have to
zoom in and out. So now page swapping speed is important.
I'd actually prefer multiple screens.
All that takes hoss-power.

Skip the computer and just use paper rather than deal with a sluggish computer

This slow box reasoning make we wonder who has actually tried it...
--

Richard Lamb