posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko Wilko is offline

Default Fishing kayak

--riverman wrote:
On Jun 8, 9:57 pm, Wilko wrote:

Yeah, I didn't expect him to be anyone else, but since it had been such
a long time ago since I spotted that email address here on RBP, I
couldn't help but wanting to make sure it was Dougie. :-)

For me most of the magic of whitewater kayaking has evaporated. Besides
having done pretty much everything I had set out to do, whitewater
difficulty and playboatwise, it also didn't help that I had a bad
boating accident. Add the fact that most of my boating buddies have
started to get kids and stopped boating and seeing how I am no longer
finding myself near the mountains every second weekend (GF moved in with
me), the frequency of finding myself in a boat has gone down considerably.

I still boat class IV stuff, but it's relaxed boating, usually on
streams I know well instead of hunting for new runs, getting excited
with every announcement of a thunderstorm and trying to run everything
in sight.

This past year we even went on two non-paddling-related holidays (that's
been the first time in about 15 years for me)! Eek!

Hey Wilko:
Thought this old RBP post would be meaningful to you now.
http://tinyurl.com/2etkyq8

--riverman

Yeah, that definitely sums it up, Myron!

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe