posted to rec.boats.paddle
Wilko Wilko is offline

Default Fishing kayak

--riverman wrote:
On Jun 7, 9:50 pm, Wilko wrote:
wrote:
I've used the hobie kayak but not for fishing, the pedal propulsion
can move you along quickly and keep your hands free. I liked it enough
that I might try and find a used one.

"Jeepyak"? Now that does ring some bells from the past.

This doesn't happen to be Dougie Jaeger by any chance, does it? :-)

--
Wilko van den Bergh wilkoa t)dse(d o tnl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe

Most likely one and the same. Check the posting history of
.

:-)

--riverman
(and yes, its me)

Yeah, I didn't expect him to be anyone else, but since it had been such
a long time ago since I spotted that email address here on RBP, I
couldn't help but wanting to make sure it was Dougie. :-)

For me most of the magic of whitewater kayaking has evaporated. Besides
having done pretty much everything I had set out to do, whitewater
difficulty and playboatwise, it also didn't help that I had a bad
boating accident. Add the fact that most of my boating buddies have
started to get kids and stopped boating and seeing how I am no longer
finding myself near the mountains every second weekend (GF moved in with
me), the frequency of finding myself in a boat has gone down considerably.

I still boat class IV stuff, but it's relaxed boating, usually on
streams I know well instead of hunting for new runs, getting excited
with every announcement of a thunderstorm and trying to run everything
in sight.

This past year we even went on two non-paddling-related holidays (that's
been the first time in about 15 years for me)! Eek!

Then again, because of all the cycling, hiking and what not I am getting
in much better shape then I ever was in the last decade or so. Funny to
see that 33" waist pants I wore a decade ago suddenly fit again, after
having been buying only 36" waist pants for the last couple of years. :-)